maxstyles

2nd Annual 24 hour miniature painting marathon

What about something like crossed brushes?

a-clockwork-orange-475864l.jpg

Ok maybe something more appropriate like this

intro.jpg

Crossed brushes would be cool too.

• Like 2

I like crossed brushes too.

Edit: Just looked at the calendar and I may be at the parents that weekend. I'll probably try for the weekend after.

Edited by Humansquish

We are a little less than 2 weeks out.  Is everybody getting excited for this event?  Have you decided what you are going to paint?  Me?  I have a bunch of scenery for a commission I am doing, but that will not be whole time.  I also have some reaper ogres that I want to get started on and then there are some infinity and War of Kings figs I want to start also.  If it goes like last year I will differently have a slow time from about 3am to 5am so will be ready to prime and clean at that time.  

How about you?

• Like 1

I have stuff on deck to paint, but the chances of painting are 50/50, for various reasons. I probably won't know until it happens.

• Like 1

Just put in a request for the Monday after off so I don't have to worry about pesky real life. 

• Like 1

That is a clever move.  I should do that as well.... hmmmmm....  maybe I am getting sick.... cough....  definitely getting sick, but it is a very slow moving virus....  should peak on the Monday after...... I have a great immune system so I should be able to fight it off by the next day though....

• Like 1

I better mark my calendar. Not sure yet what I'll be painting but I have plenty on my deck right now. Can we start the night before? I know it's just for fun either way.

Looks like the original post didn't get edited but we decided that your marathon can span any part of the weekend.

• Like 1

Crossed brushes over a stop watch?

I probably need to commit to this just to get anything done. :unsure:

EDIT: Sundays are no good for me, but I think I can commit if I start sometime Friday and work through Saturday.  Egads, I have to get so much homework done early this week.  :zombie:

Edited by KoiPwned
  • Like 1

Crossed brushes over a stop watch?

I probably need to commit to this just to get anything done. :unsure:

EDIT: Sundays are no good for me, but I think I can commit if I start sometime Friday and work through Saturday.  Egads, I have to get so much homework done early this week.  :zombie:

I like that idea.

I'll just take it to mean 24 hours of total time painting for me over the weekend. I have to work Saturday morning and have a social commitment Saturday afternoon, but otherwise should be pretty available, so will get what I can get Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday. I have a whole slew of miniatures prepped finally (seems like priming the metal ones and basing everything takes me forever). I have 11 Bones townspeople, 8 Bones mummies, 2 beetle swarms, 3 ticks, and an ogre chieftan all primed and ready to go. Hope I can make some good progress!

Yes, it can be spread out. Very few of us can stay awake for 24-36 hours with ill effects let alone paint well for its entirety.

Well for one's own skill. No amount of sleep deprivation will make me paint as well as Proctor.  :;):

• Like 2