Crocogamer from Crocodile Games (A joking prod at myself)

SplotchyInk

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for the next one.  Whenever I do the shading and the highlighting I always feel like I might go overboard and add too much light or shadow to it and make it too contrasty.  As your suggestion I'll attempt to push it a bit more.

• Like 2

Even when I do agree with the forum mantra, I feel the mini is readable, clean, well executed as it stands. The freehand is very nice! 

My only comment is that the small bag of things look unfinished and rough, spoiling the rest of the excellent mini. Sometimes small things like that can divert your vision and end up ruining some of the effect. Being big-ish, light and warm in color actually atracks attention to it; if you want to hide a piece of the mini for example, a secondary piece where you are not going to pour hours, it is usually better to blend it visually with the surroundings, use dark and cold colors that fade into the background.

• Like 2