Sign in to follow this  
SplotchyInk

Crocogamer from Crocodile Games (A joking prod at myself)

I really like it, it's a fun mini and nice paint job! Congrats on the nice base too.

As far as critiques go: I'd work on contrast, some higher highlights and deeper/darker shadows throughout.

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for the next one.  Whenever I do the shading and the highlighting I always feel like I might go overboard and add too much light or shadow to it and make it too contrasty.  As your suggestion I'll attempt to push it a bit more.

• Like 2

Nice mini.

I agree with Ub3r en Mad Jack.

A bit more contrast would make him more alive.

• Like 1

He is very cute! I know what you mean about highlights and shadows, exactly how I feel! I really like the t-shirtand your color choices.

Very funny mini and great paint job. As others have said the shirt is great with the extra colors smoothly blended into the blue.

I like it and yes uber is on the money with highs and lows

Even when I do agree with the forum mantra, I feel the mini is readable, clean, well executed as it stands. The freehand is very nice! 

My only comment is that the small bag of things look unfinished and rough, spoiling the rest of the excellent mini. Sometimes small things like that can divert your vision and end up ruining some of the effect. Being big-ish, light and warm in color actually atracks attention to it; if you want to hide a piece of the mini for example, a secondary piece where you are not going to pour hours, it is usually better to blend it visually with the surroundings, use dark and cold colors that fade into the background.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      I'm a fan of the Scale 75 paints, they have a new range called artist colors.
      The paint comes in tubes.

I wonder if anyone has tried these?
      You're thoughts on these?

• By Inarah
      My husband and I run the Paint and Take table at a local convention, Recruits.  It's held at the high school, admission is free for all area students, games are child friendly, etc.  We get really good turnout.  The paint table is free for kids of all ages, even grownup kids, and it is funded entirely with donations.  All of the figures, all of the paint, water cups, brushes, etc come from the wonderful community we have here, from the internet, and from vendors.  It's typical for me to arrive early Saturday to set up and find one or more anonymous boxes of figures or paint waiting.  A couple of years ago at Reapercon folks helped fill a box with mouslings for me to give away.  I could not do this without the support I get from the painting and gaming community. 

So here is this year's class:

(BTW, if you got stuff in your Bones4 core that you do not want, find me at next year's Reapercon, I will see it goes to a good cause)

This is our table about ten minutes after setting up.  Busy the entire day. 

Some of the fine works of art created by the kids who participated.  They look forward to this all year. 

Got to pick up more baby dragons next year. I only had the one and it resulted in crying. :(  

More later, 
    • By Glitterwolf
      After some work WIP here:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/61706-xherman1964-tries-to-paint-a-crocodile/

My Beloved of Sobek.
      A nice friendly Crocodile who wants nothing more then to hug you.

I tried to copy the natural colours from a Nile Crocodile.
      Hope it worked.

Base is a Resin Scenic Jungle Base from Microarts Studios, a mini in itself.
      The mini is from Crocodile Games Wargods of Aegyptus range

A real joy to paint these two.
      Enjoy.

He will also try to compete in a beauty contest.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/58879-2015-annual-contest-non-reaper-entries/?p=1148361

• By Face_Rollan
      Good morning guys! 

Q: if buying one of the reaper core sets (108 bottle set), what's the main difference in them? 

I'm looking into buying a complete paint set. I've been doing a ton of research and have settled on a reaper core set (i already own several reaper paints and love them).  I know that everyone suggests a blend of several companies based on which has the best,  e.g. yellow,  or metallics. I just want to make it simple, buy a set and build from there. 

I'll mostly be painting 40k and privateer press models with some terrain and 3d prints mixed in (i have a cheapo set of acrylics from Michael's for large terrain and 3d prints).

I've also considered the Vallejo Model set, and Army Painter Mega Set.

Thanks in advance! 
    • By Brianuk
      Basic paint job on these, a yellowy green coloured primer then a green wash. Then a water effect with gloss mod podge. 

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 117 Guests (See full list)