Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a Beloved of Sobek laying around for about 7 years or so.


Since I'm painting a swamp themed war ( well sort of) between Undead and various swamp creatures I decided to take him on.


I also got this nice Microarts Studio jungle/swampy base.


Crocodiles are mostly depicted as green.

But if you look closely they are way more, yellow, black, brown with a few greenish parts.


Let's try if I can recreate this, I want him to look as real as possible.


Any tips/hints and suggestions are always welcome.


Prepped and ready to go.






  • Like 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cool mini. Here is a link to wip where a gut is painting some reptoids with naturalistic colors you have been looking at.






Croc will have a yellow/brownish base, then work it up with black, whites, lighter yellow and some greens.


I hope :ph34r:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find the scalecolor very good, a matt finish, only it dries pretty fast.


My favorite are still the Reaper MSP paints though.


Here I got some Game Colour, Heavy warm Grey ( looks more pink) as a base for the tongue and gums.

As seen in the Crocodile Pics in the first post, these areas are splotchy as well so I will add blacks and maybe greys later.


I hope you're all enjoying this still.

It's a holiday so I've got some time, I paint and post right now.


It may slow down later.

By showing the paint pots first, I hope to give an impression of what the colours do.








  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...