Bones 2: Wereshark

I'm working on the Wereshark from Bones 2 and would like some feedback. Here's a couple of photos to show the process so far.

I covered the whole mini with GW Elf Grey. This paint looks great despite being near 20 years old! And then I used Nightsky Blue to block in the upper portion of his body, arms, and legs.

post-13058-0-37554200-1431599949_thumb.jpg

I was looking forward to painting that gaping maw, so I got busy on it. I washed the whole inside twice with Crimson Red or Spattered Crimson, I honestly don't remember which, being careful to avoid the teeth. I then added shadows with Walnut Brown and highlighted with Gory Red. Once that dried, I slowly added more and more Dirty Bone to the Gory Red and highlighted up to where it is.

post-13058-0-56833100-1431600435_thumb.jpg

I then did all the teeth and nails with Dirty Bone and slowly added more and more Splintered Bone up to where it is. I also did the fiddly bits on his wrists with various browns and oranges. I then did a few washes with some GW Flesh and GW Chestnut on the wrists.

post-13058-0-26749100-1431600530_thumb.jpg

After which I did the same Dirty Bone to Splintered Bone method as I had with the teeth, though I didnt go quite as much Splintered as I did for the teeth. That was all last week. Today, I had some more time, so I worked on the sand. I had based with Walnut Brown last week, to which I heavily drybrushed today with Griffon Tan (a great sand color!), followed by a light Dirty Bone drybrush. Once that dried a bit, I washed the base with GW Flesh and GW Brown in a semi-random way, though I kept the Brown focused more under his body while the Flesh was towards the exposed edges. I then washed with Griffon Tan, allowed that to dry and lightly drybrushed more Griffon Tan and Dirty Bone mixed.

post-13058-0-91167400-1431600919_thumb.jpg

So thats where I am. For the skin, I'm thinking of doing Nightmare Black for Shadows, Denim Blue or Soft Blue for mid and, possibly Aircraft Grey for highlights... you can see where I did some testing on his shoulder.

Thanks in advance for your comments and feedback!

post-13058-0-23756600-1431600797_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a little progress. In the end, I went with Soft Blue and Aircraft Gray for the midtone and highlight, respectively.

post-13058-0-27108600-1432203410_thumb.jpg

post-13058-0-37892200-1432203533_thumb.jpg

I know I need to go higher with the lights, but, frankly, I'm scared. So in the meantime, I did this...thingy...which was awesome amounts of fun with all the eyes--which I've learned to enjoy after doing lots of chibi style stuff such as Arcadia Quest, Bonesylvanians, and Krosmaster. This was just a Blue Flame basecoat all over, followed by washes with GW Purple, Blue, and Green washes

post-13058-0-24395400-1432203813_thumb.jpg

post-13058-0-17178300-1432204055_thumb.jpg

We now return you to your not-so-regularly scheduled WIP.

• Like 8

You can do it! Go a little higher with your highlights. If you don't like it, you can fix it. Start with a not so obvious area so you can see if you like it. He is looking really good so far. Your eye beast is cool as well!