Sign in to follow this  
Jasonator

Bloody Garm - RBG0304

Happy birthday to you!  :bday:

A great way to spend your birthday. Garm looks great. I like your choice of gold/bronze(?) for the metals instead of steel. His palette is very coordinated.

• Like 1

Happy birthday to you!  :bday:

A great way to spend your birthday. Garm looks great. I like your choice of gold/bronze(?) for the metals instead of steel. His palette is very coordinated.

Thanks Mierot !

I used old Bronze and Brass (Vallejo) for the metals, which I painted over a peacock green base coat.

I've been undercoating metals with either a dark brown if I'm doing gold, or green if I am doing a brass, bronze metal.

Oh, its been a great B'day so far !

• Like 3

Great job, Jay! I'm happy to see you taking all the stuff you've learned and the feedback people have given you and gleefully apply it to all your figures. You just keep growing as a painter, it's quite awesome.

So... when am I going to see the figures that I sent your way last week?  :devil:

• Like 2

Great job, Jay! I'm happy to see you taking all the stuff you've learned and the feedback people have given you and gleefully apply it to all your figures. You just keep growing as a painter, it's quite awesome.

So... when am I going to see the figures that I sent your way last week?  :devil:

Probably start on one next week.  LOL

I love all of the ones in my new to do list !

• Like 1

Oh My, I am soooooooo glad that you are appreciating my work on Bloody Garm !

LOL

I loved coordinating the colors on this mini.

With its size and trying to create a vibrant miniature it was quite the challenge.

Thank you for your interest and comments !

• Like 1

I love it! Looks like he is in sunlight. Was that the effect you were going for?

JSC

This is an accumulative Mini. I got 12 of Red Box Games Miniatures, and decided to paint them.

The learning experience was so intense that I decided to incorporate everything I had learned in the last mini.

This was so complex, and challenging that I pulled out all the stops.

So, my emphasis was to get get high contrast, and High color highlights.

Sunlight is a good description , cause I wanted him to flash when it came to his highlights.

Thank you for your comment !

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 1