Itsy Bitsy Spiders

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does green stuff burn? O__o

Only if you subject it to high heat for an extended period of time... The thin parts like the legs may end up discolored if you leave it in too long, but the main casting issue with those spiders would be the placement of the figure when making the mold (i.e., deciding the orientation of the plane where the two halves of the mold meet).

• Like 4

Does green stuff burn? O__o

Only if you subject it to high heat for an extended period of time... The thin parts like the legs may end up discolored if you leave it in too long, but the main casting issue with those spiders would be the placement of the figure when making the mold (i.e., deciding the orientation of the plane where the two halves of the mold meet).

Two schools of thought there.  meticulously run the parting line along each leg and sprue it for good filling (likely what I will do) OR bury the legs in undercuts and tilt the whole spider back towards the gate so that the legs don't trap bubbles.

• Like 2

OR take the legs off of them and cast a leg sprue!

It would be a tiny little sprue and you may not even have to remove all of the legs but I think they would cast better that way.

Yep it will raise the cost for all parties involved but I would be much more willing to buy them as opposed to the alternative with a mass of metal under the legs.

• Like 1