After thirteen (13) RBG miniatures from Tre Manor, I thought I could

use a break.  So I opted to start a miniature that will FORCE me to really

concentrate on my brush control.  Ser Loras Tyrell, Knight of the Flowers,

is ONE TOUGH painting experience.  Its carved by my favorite T. Meirer,

and the armor, and cloak back look like a nightmare to paint.  So I selected it.

Nothing tempted, nothing learned !  Actually scares the heck out of me; but

so did all his other sculpts I have painted ! 

I won't be posting as many photos as I have been prior to this.

I intend to take my time, and enjoy it for all its complexity.  I have just put

a base coat of flesh and been experimenting with the inside of the cloak.  Scheme is

to paint it with Green cloak interior, Blue cloak exterior, Blue-gunmetal armor, gold decoration on

Armor, and I have no idea what I will do with shield, but it will have something on it.

So a new adventure !

Here is Ser Tyrell with some paint sloshed on.

(Edited to correct Grammar, and spelling).

post-12655-0-91783800-1431806165.jpg

post-12655-0-45531000-1431806166.jpg

post-12655-0-01669400-1431806167.jpg

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 22
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After thirteen (13) RBG miniatures from Tre Manor, I thought I could use a break.  So I opted to start a miniature that will FORCE me to really concentrate on my brush control.  Ser Loras Tyrell, Kn

Just going to post two photos today. I am using the gray scale photos when I paint now. I find it an invaluable tool to balance and enrich my miniature painting. So here are two photos of where the

Sometimes you just got to hop when the conditions are right. I've been dreading doing that shield... I don't have to dread any more. My first freehand is done.  I may fine tune, but its basically d

Posted Images

Agree with robinh... The knight of the flowers could use some flowers on his shield :D

Won't Be Flowers, but I do have a grand plan for that shield.

Might even surprise  me if I pull it off.

:devil:

• Like 1

One of my favorite minis, don't screw it up! (no pressure :p)

OMG.. Thank You CashWiley... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You threw the Gauntlet, now I have to go for it !

Begins to meditate, and center on the task ahead !

• Like 3

Just going to post two photos today.

I am using the gray scale photos when I paint now.

I find it an invaluable tool to balance and enrich my miniature painting.

So here are two photos of where the mini stands at the moment.

post-12655-0-69307600-1431872017.jpg

post-12655-0-56658800-1431872297.jpg

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 9

I have just spent a few hours using two of my W&N 0 and 0000 brushes.

I have been putting the Brown undercoat on the armor for the gold.

I could hear my brain saying "use the force jay, otherwise you will never find that design"..ROFL.

Not kidding, this is some delicate painting.  Here are a couple of photos of the Mini,

and one converted to Gray scale.

Really look at that Gray scale it will show you what I have been doing !

post-12655-0-77027700-1431888810.jpg

post-12655-0-41894000-1431888811.jpg

post-12655-0-98165900-1431888811.jpg

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 8

After you uncross your eyes give yourself a huge pat on the back Jay.  Your brush control is leaps and bounds from where you first started and it is very obvious on this latest sculpt.

Notice I haven't touched the back of that cloak yet !

I'm going banana's trying to figure out the color scheme.

Once I used the Gunmetal Blue I opened up a whole box of considerations, not bad,

but that cloak is a bear in the making.  I'll get it done.. I may go to lighter green on the cloak,

I don't want to go darker at this stage I think.  Decisions, decisions, and oh... more decisions.

I also have to sketch out that shield, amongst all the other stuff !

PANIC !

After you uncross your eyes give yourself a huge pat on the back Jay.  Your brush control is leaps and bounds from where you first started and it is very obvious on this latest sculpt.

Notice I haven't touched the back of that cloak yet !

I'm going banana's trying to figure out the color scheme.

Once I used the Gunmetal Blue I opened up a whole box of considerations, not bad,

but that cloak is a bear in the making.  I'll get it done.. I may go to lighter green on the cloak,

I don't want to go darker at this stage I think.  Decisions, decisions, and oh... more decisions.

I also have to sketch out that shield, amongst all the other stuff !

PANIC !

see you could have not mentioned the back of the cloak... we would not have known since no pics have shown it!

but now that you have mentioned it (tightens the screws)  what color are you going for??

and have you gotten the sketches of the shield desgins done yet.???..

maybe now?

.. well.. have you?  :rock: 

• Like 1