Paint Problems

Anastrianna

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried stirring the paint. I seem to have much better luck stirring paint than shaking it in fact I read somewhere thats how your supposed to mix your paints. I take a regular toothpick open the pot and bigin stirring. If the paint seems a little thick I add a few drops of water and stir some more.

It is entirely possible that your paint has dried out beyond saving. If the pots are new that should not be the case and I would look to exchange them. If they've been used they will dry out eventually especially if you paint straight from the pot.

That's all I can think of :blink:

My first bottle of Sunlight was exactly like you describe. (Mine was in the Learn to Paint 2 kit).

Yeah I got both of mine from the Learn to Paint 2 kit. Hmm, maybe I'll send an email. I was just at my FLGS and all of their oiled leather paints looked the same...

Thanks!

I picked up the Learn To Paint 2 kit on Saturday, and found the same problems with 3 bottles-Oiled Leather, Kilt Green, and Sunlight. Sunlight was by far the worst, it's not much more than a blob of yellow goo. I sent an email to cust. service last night. Glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem.