Sign in to follow this  
hungerfan

77137: Sarcophagus, 77162: Yephima, Female Cloud Giant, and 77067: Virina, Female Demon...more minis painted by my 5 year old.

Ok my daughter has painted a few things since Reapercon and receiving her Vampire box from someone (who I don't think is on the forums yet or does not visit much) and her paints from @Harrek.

The first one she chose out of all the minis in the Vampire box was 77137: Sarcophagus:

post-12234-0-37220100-1430887982_thumb.jpg

post-12234-0-76047600-1430888011_thumb.jpg

Next she chose a mini that she had painted from my set 2 years ago. 77162: Yephima, Female Cloud Giant:

post-12234-0-19090400-1431914593_thumb.jpg

Can you guess which one was from 2 years ago?

Today she painted 77067: Virina, Female Demon and wanted to base her so I got out the supplies received at Reapercon. I did the glue work and she did everything else.

Front | Back | Alt Front View

Any tips on what to do with the based mini from today and protecting it from losing the basing materials?  Would the spray on sealer I have help in any way or just mess it up?

Edited by hungerfan
nudity
  • Like 20

It depends on the type of spray sealer you have. I've used Tester's Dullcote on flock, static grass, and tufts before with no ill effects. Don't know if it would help things stick around, but it won't hurt. 

• Like 1

It depends on the type of spray sealer you have. I've used Tester's Dullcote on flock, static grass, and tufts before with no ill effects. Don't know if it would help things stick around, but it won't hurt. 

It is a can of GW stuff I got a while back because it was all my local game store had.  I need to invest in some Tester's Dullcote one day.

So, brush control may need a bit of work but your daughter is way better at basing then me...

Yeah she did better on the Fire Dragon earlier this year but I am glad she is trying out the smaller minis.  If only she would listen when I tell her not to rush things but she is 5 so I try not to push her too much.  I just cringe when I see her attack the mini with way too much haste.

• Like 2

Ok my daughter has painted a few things since Reapercon and receiving her Vampire box from someone (who I don't think is on the forums yet or does not visit much) and her paints from @Harrek.

The first one she chose out of all the minis in the Vampire box was 77137: Sarcophagus:

Next she chose a mini that she had painted from my set 2 years ago. 77162: Yephima, Female Cloud Giant:

attachicon.gif2015-05-06 21.33.58.jpg

Can you guess which one was from 2 years ago?

Today she painted 77067: Virina, Female Demon and wanted to base her so I got out the supplies received at Reapercon. I did the glue work and she did everything else.

Any tips on what to do with the based mini from today and protecting it from losing the basing materials?  Would the spray on sealer I have help in any way or just mess it up?

I love it. She shows progress.

Also she based that? Amazing talent.

I use Army Painters Matt Anti Shine Sealer.

Matt Varnish Spray.

It will protect and also fix the sands.

Shake well and spray from 30 cm away, should be fine.

Edited by ladystorm
nudity
  • Like 2

It is a can of GW stuff I got a while back because it was all my local game store had.  I need to invest in some Tester's Dullcote one day.

So, brush control may need a bit of work but your daughter is way better at basing then me...

Yeah she did better on the Fire Dragon earlier this year but I am glad she is trying out the smaller minis.  If only she would listen when I tell her not to rush things but she is 5 so I try not to push her too much.  I just cringe when I see her attack the mini with way too much haste.

She is 5. And hey, in a few years she might progress to the point that she doesn't mind dipping these guys in simple green and trying again. :lol:

• Like 3

These look great for someone that young.  Good for her!

• Like 1

I love it. She shows progress.

Also she based that? Amazing talent.

Thanks! When she does not rush through it she has been very good at applying the paint. I can tell when she just wants to finish because she will cram the brush in the paint and go rubbing it on the mini in a back and forth motion.

The base was all her design and all I did was superglue the smaller square base on the bigger round base along with the demon and then the regular glue we used. She would then place the flock and other stuff wherever she wanted it. She is all about patterns so you will notice how some of the stuff alternates as it goes around the base.

That's some solid progress from 2 years ago!

Yeah that is why I had to take the side by side pic. When she chose to paint that one again and it turned out like that I had to dig the other one out of my gaming minis and snap the pic of them.

• Like 5

I'm the culprit who handed over a box of Bones to a 5 year old, and this is exactly what I was hoping for when I did that.  This post gave me the biggest smile when I saw it today over lunch.  (I read the forums nearly every day, but don't often have time to post.)

She's making some great improvement.  Patience will come with time.  All three of those mini's shout "I'm having fun" to me, and that's what Bones should be about.

Thanks for sharing these, and I hope we'll see more. 

• Like 6

Thanks for replying and again for the set of Bones for her. She keeps finding some like that giant and others she has seen in my set and gets all happy.

I was going to write max styles and ask him who you were because I could not remember the name you mentioned when we said our byes. Don't worry about seeing more. She has already gone through the box and has all the ones that are a must for painting in a big grocery bag. Now if only she let me paint a little more when we sat down at the table together. :)

• Like 4

I'm the culprit who handed over a box of Bones to a 5 year old, and this is exactly what I was hoping for when I did that.  This post gave me the biggest smile when I saw it today over lunch.  (I read the forums nearly every day, but don't often have time to post.)

She's making some great improvement.  Patience will come with time.  All three of those mini's shout "I'm having fun" to me, and that's what Bones should be about.

Thanks for sharing these, and I hope we'll see more. 

You rock, dude!!

This is very cool, Hungerfan. It's nice to see that your little girl is having fun. She is starting to get quite good, too. She has a knack for basing!

• Like 1