Sign in to follow this  
Mocha

14005 · Lord Ironraven, Crusaders Captain

For your first post, it's great!

What I really like: the blue banner, his armor definition, and the freehand jewels. His hair looks pretty good to my eye, and reads as a convincing black. Good smoothness to the flesh. Nice basing.

Room for improvement: the head of the polearm could use some more shading and contrast. The flesh could use some more highlighting.

Overall a great piece anyone would be proud of!

• Like 1

Really nice paint job -- I like the armor a lot!  Great first post, please keep them coming!

• Like 1

Nice work! Especially the banner is really well done and dynamic. Could you add larger pictures? I love to see people's work blow out of proportion to really appreciate it, and your work is so good I'd really like to take a closer look :) 

• Like 1

I like him Mocha, he's nicely done! I can tell he's one of your older figures though as you are so much better now. It's insane how much better you've gotten in a year's time.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 2

For your first post, it's great!

What I really like: the blue banner, his armor definition, and the freehand jewels. His hair looks pretty good to my eye, and reads as a convincing black. Good smoothness to the flesh. Nice basing.

Room for improvement: the head of the polearm could use some more shading and contrast. The flesh could use some more highlighting.

Overall a great piece anyone would be proud of!

Thanks! Good call-- I eventually want to fix that polearm. I invested in some more metallic paints and metal wash mixes since I painted him. I think they'd do nicely to add some deeper shading & brighter hotspots :)

Really nice paint job -- I like the armor a lot!  Great first post, please keep them coming!

Keep posting, this one looks amazing.

Thank you so much! You got it-- now that I've finally jumped into the "Show Off" thread, I'd like to add at least one Reaper mini per month. Goodness knows I have a hoard of Reaper minis just waiting to be painted  ::D:

Nice work! Especially the banner is really well done and dynamic. Could you add larger pictures? I love to see people's work blow out of proportion to really appreciate it, and your work is so good I'd really like to take a closer look :) 

Sure thing-- the forum maximum is about 150 KB if I'm not mistaken. These were ~110 KB so I can still make them a bit bigger if I crop them closer. I'll give it a shot in my next forum post!

I like him Mocha, he's nicely done! I can tell he's one of your older figures though as you are so much better now. It's insane how much better you've gotten in a year's time.

Thanks ub3r  ^_^ You have a very keen eye-- I finished him back in November. While I switched to practicing NMM since then, I still want to do some more shaded metallics and see what I can accomplish now that I have more experience! I challenge myself with trying a new technique in each miniature I paint and I don't plan on slowing down anytime soon! Not exactly sure what's next but I'm working up the courage to try some floral pattern freehand  :blink:

• Like 3