Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

Bones II Sharkman, 77178

I think you got the perfect color for that great white! It's fantastic! And I love the driftwood effect on the arm shield things!

• Like 1

baaaaaa dummmm.

baaaaaa dummmm.

baaaaaa dummmm.

baaaaa dummm,

baaaaa dummm.

baaaaa dummm.

baaa dumm.

baaa dumm,

baadumbaadumbaadumbaadum!

• Like 4

Good stuff...he looks like he's eaten a few people and is ready for more.  The painting on the shark-tooth weapon (ha) is particularly well done, as is the driftwood already mentioned. 

• Like 1

The colors are mostly a whole lot of variations of mixed greys.

• Like 2

Love the colors. Looks very sharklike.  You achieved a lot of depth with various tones of grey.  Do you recall what mix you used to produce the darkest color on the top of the shark? Is there any blue in there, or just neutral grey and black?

• Like 1

Love the colors. Looks very sharklike.  You achieved a lot of depth with various tones of grey.  Do you recall what mix you used to produce the darkest color on the top of the shark? Is there any blue in there, or just neutral grey and black?

All of the greys are straight mixes of Ultramarine Blue, Burnt Sienna, and Titanium White, with the proportions adjusted to tilt it cooler or warmer, darker or lighter as needed.

At some point in the middle I washed a pretty dark, pretty neutral mix of Burnt Sienna and Ultramarine Blue over the upper parts of the creature, but that was followed by lots of more nuanced greys.

I used pure Carbon Black in the creature's eyes and just a touch in the gill slits, but that's the only black I used.

The driftwood wrist guards use the same color mix, just shifted more towards the brown end.

• Like 2