• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pochi
      Here is Josephine Lucero. I have been wanting to paint a pretty girl using pinks and greys for quite awhile. There are birds in Australia called galahs and I just love them. Grey bodies with pink bellies and heads. They aren't the brightest colored birds here but there's just something about them I like.

I knew I needed a girl wearing a cloak so I could do her dress in pinks but the cloak in greys. The Josephine figure is perfect. I have renamed her Galahni.

Anyway, advice was given to me to work on my highlights and shadows. I have been afraid to highlight too much. I found a tutorial in the Painting Tips forum on layering so decided to try that with Galahni.

I was also advised to thin my paints which is what this method depends on so thought I would kill two birds with one stone. (Maybe not the correct phrase since this is inspired by birds?)

Her face was already done before I got the other critiques but I did tweak it a bit to try and add a bit more shadow and highlight. I did the dress today. She is a little sloppy because I found out sometimes I thinned the paint too much or had too much on my brush. I had a few Oh ____! moments!

Ok, do I need to take the highlights up one step further?

Comments and critiques welcome!

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)