Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
After 10 months, I finally dusted this off and finished it in an attempt to find some hobby mojo again. Dragon is from Artisan Guild and was printed on the elegoo Mars almost a year ago.
Basecoated, drybrushed tan and then multiple washes layered before another quick drybrush and a final wash. It was printed in clear green resin and the eyes and crystals on the rock were simply given a layer of Tamiya Clear Green after the mask was removed. Crystals on the base are from Anarchy Models, again with a quick layer of Tamiya Clear green. Reaper base with some Vallejo texture paste.
Thanks for looking.
Due to Brain Weasels and other Real Life Issues, I haven't been doing much, really almost no, fantasy painting...
One of the things I have been doing is looking at old WIPs, and suddenly the desire to paint a DRAGON, came over me....
So here is the start of my new work on Cinder, #10014, in METAL...
Hopefully, I can keep up the sudden burst of enthusiasm....
So planning on mold line hunting, and trying to decide what color to paint this dragon...
As I am old school, the webbing between the back spines is leading me to green, but need to check the books to see which way to go....
About time you returned from the place I couldn't reach you minion......
OMG, please not again....
any and all comments gratefully ignored....
I cant find any of my old threads. I used to have links in my signature which doesnt display in mobile, and I'm rarely on a computer and its awkward on a phone (like I havent been able to make it work, but I'm assuming its possible).
I can't search just my topics with an empty search term. So how am I supposed to find things now? How does everybody else do it.
I think a modern can lock this file. I've gotten desktop working better since I posted.
This is a bunch of minis in one. I was looking at my pygmy mammoth mini a couple of months ago and I just felt the need to dangle something from its tusks. I found some little bottles I had bought years ago from a Michaels or Joann and the rest of the ideas followed smoothly. I chopped some phosphorescent plastic from a little dino model you find in Fred Meyer and put those in the bottles and they do glow in the dark. I wasn't able to take a good photo of that, alas. I first saw the idea of a large pack animal with lanterns on it, traveling into an uncertain world, years ago when I saw this art: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/7638820 and fell in love with it.
List of materials
- Pygmy mammoth https://www.reapermini.com/search/mammoth/latest/44111
- Shadoweyes Catfolk rogue https://www.reapermini.com/search/cat rogue/latest/44118
- Adventuring accessories https://www.reapermini.com/search/02638
- Adventuring accessories II https://www.reapermini.com/search/02963
- green stuff (I used the silicone sculpting brushes and vaseline to get this level of detail)
- little bottles from Michaels or Joann
- phosphorescent plastic (I used the plastic support for the dino pieces from JARU, Inc. Dino World Glow Fossils - no dino pieces were harmed in the making of this mini)
Here are more close up photos.
And here is the making process.
He even has a uvula :)
I chopped off the platform and the swords from the rogue cat. And then I cut off its legs and tail so i could reposition them on top of the mammoth.
And then I summoned the green stuff.
It was really hard to detach the sacks from their metal anchor. I was basically chewing away at the metal with my pliers. But eventually they came off.
Priming this was challenging.
I sealed the base with a heavy layer of gloss sealer later on.
Invoking more green stuff, this time for the cape, blanket edges and the harnesses.
I used the cap on one of my new brushes to support the rolled up corner of the cape overnight otherwise it would have fallen flat. I smeared it with vaseline so it wouldn't stick and become a problem once the green stuff dried.
Sculpted the edges of the blanket because just painting the dangly threads on the mammoth looked flat and most unsatisfactory.
I think I'll name her Shen. And have her wreck havoc for my players in my D&D campaigns.
I don't have photos for the harnesses because after staring at this mini for so long I got dizzy and had to lie down. And then I forgot to take pics and I finished the piece. The harnesses are just twisted long strips of green stuff. I measured the distance from the tusk to the hand and then made them and let them dry before attaching them.
Hope you enjoyed this build :)
Who's Online 14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)