Sign in to follow this  
Kharsin

Speedy the Gobbo

Hey All! This was tonight's "project." I am not a fast painter. I've never had to be, and tend to enjoy taking the time to accomplish something beautiful. However, there was this goblin staring at me that's been primed for several, several months now. So I decided to give myself 1.5hours to see what I could accomplish. Again this doesn't seem like anything approaching speed, but I've been giving some thought to commissions and if I'm ever going to attempt something like that, I will have to gain speed. 

SO! I guess I'm asking what grade you guys would consider this? Too fast? Not enough detail? Too much detail? I really have no idea as I've always just painted for fun and for beauty. This guy is obviously pretty hideous, having several flash lines and various spots I'd normally spend lots of time removing and filing. I'm not very skilled at slapping paint on, dropping the brush, and walking away... Suggestions?

post-12973-0-71100800-1432102113_thumb.jpg

post-12973-0-53095900-1432102112_thumb.jpg

post-12973-0-61875900-1432102147_thumb.jpg

Please excuse the horrible lighting. I don't have my normal equipment set up. I NEED to set it up as I still need to post the excellent Spring Exchange I received as well as the Dino Guy when he's finished.

-K

P.S.: He does contain some of the legendary color known as: "Drow Nipple Pink" LOL!

• Like 15

I would definitely call this tabletop plus! I would put it on my gaming table with no qualms. :) 

I find that the really saturated greens as opposed to darker, swampy greens help a lot when I'm doing minis for the table.

• Like 1

Good job.

I find animals really easy to speed paint. Anything with a ton of sculpted details, not so much; I always go over my time limit.

I've heard that you can draw attention to one area (often the face) by painting it up a little nicer than the rest of the mini and people tend to ignore that rest of the mini isn't as good.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this