Pathfinder Red Dragon

I've been a long time lurker and haven't been really good about tracking my painting, but I figured it was time.

My current project is a Reaper Bones Red Dragon. So far, I have most of the base coating down (sans base and claws). I've been attempting a bit of wet-blending on the wings, but I think they need more work. Looking at the picture, I also see some more mould lines that could use some work. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the progress.

Colors used so far (my base is my darkest color):

Body: Blood Red

Wings: Dark Elf Skin triad

Horns, teeth, etc: Bone Shadow

Belly: Tanned Leather

post-7750-0-66013900-1432216886_thumb.jpg

post-7750-0-16500700-1432216887.jpg

• Like 14

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Colors Used:

Body: Blood Red, Fire Red, Phoenix Red, Fire Orange; Pine Green/Some dark brown (forgot which) wash

Horns/Teeth: Bone triad; Brown Liner towards base of horns

Wings: Dark Elf Skin triad

Claws: Midnight Blue, Noir Black, Rainy Grey, Snow Shadow, Aircraft Grey, Linen White - was going for a little bit of a NMM look

Belly: Tanned Leather triad

Base: Stone triad; Muddy Brown/Leaf Green wash. Lots of Brown Liner lining

Edited by paedia
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Corsair
      Okay, with Reapercon coming up I will be running some Stargrave & Frostgrave games. So I have been in the position with transporting BOXES of minis and terrain before, and even though I have a truck, I thought that there might be an easier way to carry the stuff. Both of the 'Grave games are heavy terrain and while this is part of their charm, it will be much easier if I can limit the number of boxes going to Texas with me. Then the other day in Hobby Lobby, I was trying to figure out how to build this stuff, when I found their collapsed gift boxes. Perfect! And CHEAP! So I hit them with some variety of spray paint and then used the Plastic Mesh for windows after they dried. I am a bit concerned because I tried good old Elmer's Glue and I am not 100% confident in it's ability to work on the plastic of the mesh. So, everything is drying tonight and tomorrow will be the acid test when I try folding the boxes into their flat configuration. Anyway, here are the pics as I went along.

• By Auberon
      Drogoroth, the Winged Death

It's a dragon! No, wait, wrong wings.

• By Losferwords
      I call him Borem, Da Finder of da Way. Almost complete!

I figured if he's operating underground most of the time, he should blend in.

Simple cloak work:

• By TGP
      Topplethrax the Mysterious

With a Ral Partha goblin for scale. Also the grid lines are 1 inch squares.

Here is a second shot with him leaning on my pet rock. I named him Topplethrax because he topples forward without weight on the tail or something to lean him back just a bit.

There are markings underneath one foot. Either:

T g h
      © 8 5

-OR-

4 5 L
      G 8 5

(If it is a G, it is a G in a circle, like the copyright symbol.)

• By Grand Slam
      Definitely one of my favorite inclusions in the Ravenloft board game. Originally, I thought the paint job would be entirely a bone color. After I started prepping him, however, it became clear that there was just as much rotting flesh as there was visible bone. Makes sense, considering the artwork in the monster manual. A quick Google image search shows that people approach this model's paint job in a variety of cool ways. This combines my favorite elements from what I've seen, plus my own spin on the way I like to paint undead/zombie-types.

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)