Sign in to follow this  
paedia

Pathfinder Red Dragon

I've been a long time lurker and haven't been really good about tracking my painting, but I figured it was time.

My current project is a Reaper Bones Red Dragon. So far, I have most of the base coating down (sans base and claws). I've been attempting a bit of wet-blending on the wings, but I think they need more work. Looking at the picture, I also see some more mould lines that could use some work. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the progress.

Colors used so far (my base is my darkest color):

Body: Blood Red

Wings: Dark Elf Skin triad

Horns, teeth, etc: Bone Shadow

Belly: Tanned Leather

post-7750-0-66013900-1432216886_thumb.jpg

post-7750-0-16500700-1432216887.jpg

• Like 14

Colors Used:

Body: Blood Red, Fire Red, Phoenix Red, Fire Orange; Pine Green/Some dark brown (forgot which) wash

Horns/Teeth: Bone triad; Brown Liner towards base of horns

Wings: Dark Elf Skin triad

Claws: Midnight Blue, Noir Black, Rainy Grey, Snow Shadow, Aircraft Grey, Linen White - was going for a little bit of a NMM look

Belly: Tanned Leather triad

Base: Stone triad; Muddy Brown/Leaf Green wash. Lots of Brown Liner lining

Edited by paedia
  • Like 1

Well done.

I like the wings very much

Thank you so much! It was my first success with wet blending.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this