Harlequin

Privateer Press

Dark Sword

AEG

Citadel/GW (figures, not company)

Hasslefree

Stonehaven

Off the Wall Armies

(Feel free to split those up into categories of fewer than 10 companies each.  ^_^ )

• Like 4

Current Favourite Mini Companies

Reaper

Stonehaven

Bombshell Miniatures

Mantic

Black Scorpion

Pulp Figures by Bob Murch

Darksword

Studio McVey

UltraForge

Warploque

Honourable mention:

Gomu Workshop- Pinminis new company

Oathsworn-Waiting for my first minis from them, but have admired their work for a while now.

Olde World- new startup that began on kickstarter.

Wargames Factory- Their newer zombie and apocalypse survivor lines

Old School Favourites:

Ral Partha- in particular their giants, dragons, and monster lines.

Grenadier

Citadel-PreWarhammer

RAFM- Their fantasy dwarf line sculpted by Bob Murch was one of my favourites.

Probably missed some, but that's my list for now.

• Like 6

Hmm... going only with minis companies I actually own miniatures from (and in no particular order) - 

• Reaper - even without Bonesium, I likely own more minis from Reaper than any other company. 
  • Games Workshop - they're the evil empire, overpriced, and etc. But... dang if this isn't super-sweet.
  • Privateer Press - giant stompy steambots! Ogres with shotguns! Spellcasters in lightning-charged power armor! What's not to love?  :blush:
  • Hasslefree - the exchange rate means I don't own a lot of Hasslefree stuff, but what I do own, I like, and their catalogue is like a candy store, full of "I want this one, and two of those, and that one, and these, and those, and... is that the Mystery Gang? in zombie-killin' gear? Sweeeeet...."
  • Bombshell Miniatures - why, o why, must your kickstarters always fall when I don't have spendy cash?  :unsure: Bombshell minis are pretty awesome (and sometimes awesomely pretty), and the Counterblast minis scratch an itch for atompunk gaming in quite wonderful way. 
  • Rackham - Oh, for the late lamented - Confrontation and AT-43 were both filled with really sweet designs. 
  • Dark Sword Miniatures - again, I only have a handful of these, but all of them are very nice sculpts, and really well cast. 
  • Iron Wind Metals/Ral Partha - so many of my early minis were Ral Partha, it isn't even funny. I wish they would get some of their back catalog re-sculpted in 28mm-30mm scale (since the difference really is quite striking, sadly). Still - they make giant stompy bots, and that's always good for some fun, even if I'm unlikely to ever have this guy in a scale usable with my more modern minis...
  • Grenadier - ahhh, those golden days of youth. Those yellow-sided boxes still fill me with nostalgia, and no small amount of amusement.  
  • Wyrd Minis - I love the Malifaux miniatures I have, but, dang those are some expensive pieces (the same applies to a number of other companies where, if I have examples of their work, it's because I was able to pick them up on clearance). 
  • Like 2

Wait, does no one else love Crooked Dice?

Where else would you get your Planet of the Apes figures? And Space 1999 and The Prisoner and U.F.O. and A Clockwork Orange?

• Like 2

Where else would you get your Planet of the Apes figures? And Space 1999 and The Prisoner and U.F.O. and A Clockwork Orange?

I'm aware of them but don't own anything of theirs.

Haven't seen anything in person either.

• Like 1

I'm aware of them but don't own anything of theirs.

Haven't seen anything in person either.

Same here. Same with Heresy. (They make all the not-New Who minis.)

• Like 1

they where part of mine. Which really was mostly a list of miniature companies I actually have stuff from. I was really quite impressed with them, even if the prices where a bit high...which reminds me, I forgot Stonehaven...

• Like 1

Well I can only speak to miniatures that I own. I have bought enough minis that looked great in pictures but were awful castings when I received them. However, lists like this give me the opportunity to look at ranges that I wasn't aware of or had not seen in hand.

Ok I have a confession to make.

By asking you for your lists, I got to know companies I have never heard of. :devil:

This is one of them.

I will look into those.

To tell the truth, I could propably name another 20 companies I like.

Mithril, Resina Planet, Tales Of War, Guild of Harmony etc etc...

I might have a slight addiction for minis..

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 4