• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gargs
      I know a lot of you use airbrushes on your bones, but my question is how well does the liner method work? I figure it would have to be thinned, but does using airbrush thinner get around the hydrophobic tendencies of bones? What ratio do you use?

As always thanks in advance for your help!
    • By Shogun
      I'm taking the leap and about to buy my first airbrush for mini painting and was hoping I could get some advice on what to buy. The Airbrushing: compendium has been very helpful and I've spent hours, days, what feels like years researching and I want to pull the trigger... I live in Canada and after ringing around some hobbyshops etc it seems amazon is the best bang for my buck. I have paint and access to a Campbell Hausfeld 2 Gallon Air Compressor (I will purchase another compressor in a few months once I have some more disposable income). My main concerns are does this compressor work with the airbrush listed below, do I need anything else? Heres what I've got in mind:   NEO CN GRAVITY-FEED DUAL-ACTION AIRBRUSH $97.20 CAD Paasche 10-foot Nylon Braided Hose $18 CAD Airbrush Cleaner 4 Kit, Washing Tools - Glass Cleaning Pot etc $22 CAD Vallejo Airbrush Cleaner 85ml $7 CAD   any advice would be appreciated
    • By Pineapple
      These are from the Ghosts of Midlam Manor Kickstarter.  I love these sculpts and I just got an airbrush, so I wanted to try sort of a blue zenithal ghost effect.  They are more blue than the camera shows, I'm still getting used to the photo booth and lighting.  (Plus I should probably use the real camera instead of my phone.)

Overall I'm happy!

• By Pineapple
      As with the other ghosts, I was playing around with quickly airbrushing a ghost effect.  I liked the green tone of these Bones 4 minis, but I'm not a big fan of translucent figures.  I wanted to paint over them, but keep the ghost vibe.  These are much greener in person.  I like them, but I think the blue ghosts in the other thread turned out a tad better.  These ended up a hair too bright for what I was going for, but it's all in the name of science! I might glaze them down a bit later.

• By Mckenna35
      I've had this kit for quite a while now, to build for a friend who's a big Judge Dredd fan.  Due to circumstances I can't go into, he asked me if I could this one, along with Judge Anderson and possibly Judge Death put together and painted for him.  Second vinyl figure I've worked on, and I thought some of you might find it interesting.  First picture shows the components cut out and cleaned up.  The second is the major subassemblies.

One of the tricks with this kind of kit is to fill the lower portions with plaster to add rigidity, weight and strength to the piece.  Without it, you run the risk of the vinyl buckling if it gets too hot after you've got the figure assembled.  Yeah, DON'T leave these kits out in direct sunlight!  

and here he is with all the primary assembly complete and ready for paint:

• Who's Online   28 Members, 2 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)