CAV's

Ted Kord

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a cool idea.

The paint jobs look very neat and I love how symmetrical the units are with both composition and look.

I have had my 6 year old (4-5 at the time) paying pathfinder and castle ravenloft adventure box with full rules. I just highlight the numbers she has to add to the d20 in different colours.

I did change combat outcomes from kill to defeat or drive off enemies though.

Maybe the 6 year olds can play with simplified CAV rules so they can add more complexities as they grow into the game?

I've not looked at the CAV rules yet so I don't know how easily they can be simplified.

Let us know what you use for rules. There are others with little ones around (like me) that would enjoy implementing some family game time.

You have inspired me to put my CAV minis on the Shelf of Shame. Hopefully I get to them over the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

Great job!  I never would have thought to choose gold for the cockpit color but it looks fantastic!

I saw an ad for the game Halo and the character had a gold helmet visor which I thought looked cool.  

Currently my idea for 6 year old rules are, Each turn move one CAV 4 spaces then either move another 4 spaces or shoot at a target within 4 spaces. The dice have miss, 1, 2 and knocked down.  Each CAV can take 4 damage before being knocked down.  Plus each model has a unique ability (move +2, take +2 damage, give +1 damage, shoot +2 distance, jump over obstacles, shoot twice if no move taken & fix knocked down CAV) 

Great job!  I never would have thought to choose gold for the cockpit color but it looks fantastic!

I saw an ad for the game Halo and the character had a gold helmet visor which I thought looked cool.  

I would have thought you got the idea from Blue Beetle's gold goggles!

• Like 1

Painted up some shiny CAVs for my nephews. Going to get a hex map and invent some rules six year olds can understand and paint up a blank dice with hit, miss and destroy on them.

I bet you could adapt Hero Kids rules. Those are pretty easy.