Sign in to follow this  
bailey03

Lady Mechanika

I've loved nearly all the painted renditions of this figure that I've seen. She's awesome. Can't wait to see what you do with yours!

That's a pretty big change between the first photo and the second.

She's looking really good so far!

Thanks, everyone.

Does she have a mechanical arm?

Yup, two in fact (just like the character in the comic).  I intentionally did not attach her left arm.  She's holding a falcon or a hawk with it's wings outstretched, so it was left off to making painting easier.  And her right arm was initially attached, but I knocked it off while painting her skin.  There's no real need to have it in place while I paint the rest of her body, so I figured I'd reattach it later and save me from knocking it off again.

• Like 1

Ooh, I may need to get one of these. She'd be perfect for a 75mm Rusty Alyce (Malifaux).

• Like 1

I was kind of worried about her arms when I unboxed her.  Based off of your experience I'll probably opt for pins when the time comes.

• Like 1

dsmiles, check out the other figures from Scale75's steampunk line.  They've got a couple female figures that might work.  I leave it to you to decide which would be best!

Auberon, yeah, I will probably add a pin to the arm.  For the left arm, one of the birds wings rests on the back of her head (depending on how you position it), so that second point of attachment will help keep it more secure.  You definitely want to take your time test fitting that left arm before you glue it down.  It seems like you've got flexibility on how you position it, but once the bird is in place there's a lot less wiggle room in how it goes on.

• Like 1

Niiiice! I recently picked this one up, so it's nice to have the WIP of a master to steal from be inspired by.

That face is so nicely subtle and your color choices are impeccable.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      This is a speed paint I did over the Fourth of July holiday weekend. I touched up a few details since then, like the buttons on his shirt.

• By bailey03
      It's been a while since I posted here, but I wanted to share one of my current projects. I started on this 70mm orc from Yedharo back in October. I took a break from it for a while and just recently got back to work on her. When I first saw the sculpt, for some reason I immediately pictured a blue orc. I know a little untraditional, but I like to switch it up from the standard green. One of the things I wanted to work with on this piece was the use of ambient color/light. I pictured her standing over some beast she'd killed and wanted to show the light reflecting off of that and onto the orc. Since she's blue, I decided on red for the beast. It's not the easiest thing to see in the photos (the effect is more obvious in person) but you can see it most clearly from behind. When I start on the armor I'll be doing the same thing and it should be even more pronounced there since metallic objects can pick up a lot of light/color from the other objects in the scene. I'll be painting her with TMM, so there's going to be some experimentation as I work matte colors into my metallics for the reflected light.

My latest progress has been to build the base. I'm not much of a sculptor, but I've been getting some practice in over the past year and feel a bit more comfortable tackling something like this. Overall I'm pretty happy with how the base sculpt turned out. Now I'm curious to see what I'll think of it when I finally start to paint it! Having the base is also nice as, when I start on the metallics, I'll have a more precise reference to work from for the reflections (instead of just the vague idea I had when I worked on the skin).

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Artful Dodger, part of the Dickensian faction from the game Twisted by Demented Games.

Not too happy with this one, he turned out to be surprisingly difficult to paint (and even harder to photograph!), but at least he's finally done (I partially painted up his resin version a few years ago).

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Restless
      As promised some months ago, I painted a wyrmgear like a circuit board :) Enjoy!

• By aku-chan
      Presenting 'Pop' Bodkin (From the game Wolsung by Micro Art Studio) father of Hazel Bodkin, he works in the same automaton factory as a maintenance engineer. Like many older, country born Halflings he hasn't got into the habit of wearing shoes, despite the near-constant danger of something heavy falling on his toes.

Turned out to be a surprisingly characterful mini, so I had a lot of fun painting him. Still need to work on my stamped bases.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   30 Members, 1 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)