Sign in to follow this  
Werewolvians

92761 Heroes and Villains

Good job on him, I like the skin tone.

IMO, skulls on armor = bad guy. Using death imagery is generally done to instill fear; not something the good guys are usually known to do.

However, he's your dude, he can be whatever you want him to be.

• Like 1

Nice job. He looks like a villain. I always equate skulls with bad guys. In fact, something that has bothered me a lot lately is skulls are way overused--and not just on minis, in a lot of places. Sorry for the rant.

Anyway, good work, I need to pull this guy out and look at him again.

• Like 2

Sure he could be a good guy.  Isn't Buddhist art full of terrifying-looking guardian spirits? You have to look pretty fierce to frighten demons.

Nice job. He looks like a villain. I always equate skulls with bad guys. In fact, something that has bothered me a lot lately is skulls are way overused--and not just on minis, in a lot of places. Sorry for the rant.

Anyway, good work, I need to pull this guy out and look at him again.

Er.  Yeah.  Overused. :ph34r:

• Like 1

<Looks at avatar>

*Ahem*

:devil:

Skulls do not = villains. Just because I'm a skull and I happen to be a villain...

I'm not bad, I'm just sculpted that way...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1

As big fan of all things Heavy Metal I was a villain then in my youth?

I wore lots of skulls on my clothes those days.

Still Iḿ a decent guy, got a respectable job, turned out to become a daddy and a grandpa.

My only run in with the police was a traffic ticket for speeding a little bit :blues:

So maybe this mini is a fan of metal or horror movies, don't judge him so soon.

THIS   https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/suit/sku-down/50109 might be a bigger villain and he looks dandy.

And THIS one is never to be trusted I'm sure she's hiding something  : https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/spy/sku-down/50143Yet not a skull in sight. Propably a lot of skeletons in the closet though.

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 1

I will have to look at my copy of this guy too. I got him in my Bones II and had no idea he had a scroll on his shoulder. So many details get missed in a glance and you don't notice until you study it or see someone else paint it. I also agree with skulls being overused. I don't mind skulls honestly but all it takes is one unit of a GW army and that's enough skulls for a lifetime. Speaking of overused, Space Marines... just sayin'.

• Like 2