dsmiles

Orcs! [d20]

ORCS!

The settlement of Unity lays quiet below you.

Asleep.

Unsuspecting.

The humans who lay there hold a relic, and have no idea that it is the key to saving this world. Instead, the humans just keep moving south, away from the growing ice. They just keep raping the land for its magic, crowding out the Elder Races.

That ends now.

Your warband moves silently down the hill in the dark. Creeping up to the fence that these humans call a wall is no challenge. There's hardly a sentry to be seen. Even if there was, their torches only shed so much light, and the shadows are your allies.

Up and over you go, into Unity.

Your noses wrinkle at the stench. The sickly sweet smell of humans. The docile, domestic, weak smell of them disgusts you. It's nothing like the wild, strong, clean smells of an Orc camp. This is smell of an animal caught in a trap, knowing death is coming yet still fearing it.

The sounds of animals catch your keen ears. Cows, sheep, pigs, chickens, dogs. All of them have had the wildness taken out of them. They sound diseased, sick with humanity.

Most of the windows are dark, a few still have candles or lamps burning in them, but those are easily avoided. The road you want is dark, not even the moon touches it this night. These human settlements are all the same, the road is straight, with no obstacles. It leads right to the back of their church. These humans and their One God. It makes you vomit in your mouth a little just thinking about it.

Silently, you open the shuttered window, and slide into the dark opening. One by one, the warband enters the wooden structure. It is dark, even to your eyes, but you can see the star. It's in a glass case on a wooden table...maybe an altar. Removing the glass case is as easy as it looks, and the star goes into a pouch. Out the way you came seems the easiest way.

And so you go. Out through the opened window, into the darkened street. Into the waiting arms of a guard patrol. They stand, sneering at you with drawn blades. The cold steel reflects the light of their torches. They cautiously advance, eyes never leaving your hands.

They'll kill you if they can.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By joshuaslater
      Cool factions in this game!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1849625770/chronicles-of-the-wayfarer-heroes
    • By Rat13
      With my wife and I preparing to buy a house we've been clearing out a lot of our clutter to make packing and moving easier. We've also been working hard to bring in extra money too, and this project will hopefully do both.

Today my wife signed up for a craft fair to help sell the wreaths she's been making for the upcoming holidays. From what she's heard from friends and other crafters this particular craft fair is really eclectic and pulls in quite a diverse crowd. As she told me about it that's when the idea seemed to hit us both, why not try to clear out all that terrain junk I've been hoarding?

So instead of sitting down and painting or creating my latest joke piece I got started. First up was a couple of single tent encampments. I made one on a rounded base to better fit in a table of terrain and I made the second one squared to fit better on a grid system.

Both pieces have their good and bad points but like usual I learn by doing; no amount of research or prep work make up for actual experience. Which is the main reason I made these single tent camps. Hopefully I've learned enough to make any subsequent larger camps better.

Next up are a couple of joke pieces that were honestly going to get made anyway. That's right, they'll be 40k statues when I'm done with them, besides Buzz looks kinda like a space marine already. I had some glue left over so I also started making some sci-fi barrels and I know I'll be making a ton of those.

The last piece of the night is going to be a simple 40k watchtower. At the moment it's really just in its infancy. The main features are finished barring creating a door and applying some details to the piece. 

Now before anyone gets too excited, I'm not selling any of these pieces online or anything like that. These are literally pieces that are made to be sold for less than five bucks or so and are really only being made to clear out my hobby hoardings. 
    • By JudgeSamson
      Here's the bones Cave Troll!  I painted some of the pustules red with white-heads on them...very gross and troll-ey.  :)

• By JudgeSamson
      Here is my Knight Templar.  This is the first model I painted after about 5 years of not painting any miniatures.

• By JudgeSamson
      Here is my Reaper Bones Ogre Guard, 77456.  It took a long time to finish the skin.  I had a hard time getting it right with dry brushing layer upon layer and several washes, but I like the way it turned out.  

• Who's Online   22 Members, 4 Anonymous, 208 Guests (See full list)