ANrrSHD.jpg

Pulled over from my sculpting thread. Would be in Show Off, except there are just those tiny things which still bug me.

That slight grainy texture on the face is getting really annoying, and I'm not really sure how to smooth it or fix it.

Need to shadow the cape more I think.

Sword is not as bright as I would like, but short of going out and buying a bottle of florescent paint for this alone, I think it's fine.

Huh. Reaper Alien Flesh MSP is the exact same color as ProCreate.

The patterning on the concept art... hahaha I don't think i can do much more than try and suggest it like what I've done a little bit. I already have trouble drawing it in with my micron pen.

• Like 9

Red is one of those colors that will drive you banana's....

You need a good green in there to darken up the shadows,

and dilute your paint with water.  I usually have a 50/50 ratio, sometimes more.

If you build up your face with paint that is diluted in  layers, you won't get that graininess.

Coming along well !

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Unit04
      B:GCC - Mission 9 "A Sad Celebration" has the Joker and Harley Quinn (and minions) lowering some sap into a vat while Batman and friends attempts to stop him.  

Since I already painted Harley Quinn, I only had the Joker to paint, and he's pretty straightforward.  I messed up his lips a little bit but, honestly, he's got a messy look sometimes anyway so I mostly left it in place.   Its hard to tell from the tabletop anyway.  Katana was also pretty easy to paint, and looked really good in pure white and black.  Spoiler I never heard of and her cape makes her a bit unbalanced, but she looks fun to play. 

I do love the Joker's pose, with the pistol held carelessly and the knife gripped tight, ready to strike.  

Spoiler: NO CAPES!

I must admit, I like Katana's pose and color scheme.  

• By Glitterwolf
      77135 Mariel Twinspear.
      Officer on one of the Pirateships of the fleet of Bloody Bess.

WIP:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/&page=150

• By planetmut
      This is my third(!) attempt to paint Sugar. She almost ended up back in a bowl of Simple Green but this time I persevered. Her eyes aren't perfect but I'm happy with the way she came out — although not 100% sure about her hair — and I'm getting better at painting white. The sad-looking teddy is from the City Scenics Back Alley Accessories set by TTCombat.

• By Oldwolf359
      Found this girl i painted up about a year ago using reaper paints from bones KS 2 and 3, the sword hand is from a gw mini the sword is brass etch,  C&C welcome t know the eyes are badly done

• By CivilDungeoneer
      Howdy!

My name is Dom and I'm new to the world of minis. I started fiddling away with Procreate in the fall of 2017, trying to make some minis for a D&D campaign I play in. I roughed out two ghoulish-looking figures (which weren't supposed to be ghouls), grew pretty frustrated with it, and shelved the whole business for 2018. I decided to give it another go in January, and started another five for a new D&D campaign. Progress was slow but better than the first go-round, and spurred on by an opportunity to apply for a mini design talent program with a large company, I finally finished my first two minis last week!

My photographs highlighted plenty of issues I wish I'd had time to address, but the deadline for the application was upon me. 

They're mottled because I was trying out different mixtures of putties, trying to figure out what suits my purposes best. I have a good bit of sculpting experience from a former job (not at this small scale) and am more used to an add-then-refine method, rather than having to get it just-so because the materials don't like being sanded or carved. Once I got some Aves Apoxie Sculpt, I became much more hopeful.

Here's Aldin Peaksplitter, a Dwarven battlerager who doesn't wear armor and likes to fight hand-to-hand, and Albrecht Glasser, a human divination wizard who masquerades as a fortune teller.

The funny bit between Aldin's left thigh and elbow is just a vent for casting purposes. I did make a mold of him because I wanted to submit photos of nice primed castings, but it hit a snag and I didn't have time to redo it before the deadline. With Albrecht you can see some copper armature in places - I thought I'd found a good way to negate some of my Procreate frustrations in the armature phase, but it went awry. Once I learned of the program I wanted to apply for, he was too far along to start over, so I made do.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Edit: These are 28mm or about 1/60 scale, based on the character's height. Aldin would be about 25mm tall if standing erect (he's a tall Dwarf), and Albrecht about 30mm.
  • Who's Online   30 Members, 1 Anonymous, 83 Guests (See full list)