Jasonator, it was easier than it looked, since there are no straight lines and no defined pattern.

I practice freehand/brush control by painting my initials and the year on the bottom of every mini I finish. In the beginning the letters were jagged and ugly, now, years later, they look a lot better, and my paint jobs do too.

• Like 10

Jasonator, it was easier than it looked, since there are no straight lines and no defined pattern.

I practice freehand/brush control by painting my initials and the year on the bottom of every mini I finish. In the beginning the letters were jagged and ugly, now, years later, they look a lot better, and my paint jobs do too.

Now that is a brilliant idea, and I will have to adopt that technique !

• Like 3

I love the lava/magma idea for it's pelt, neat idea.

That's an excellent idea. I'm going to start doing that, too.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Cool... 

(No, it's hot, hot, HOT!)

Maybe have the 'lava blocks' be larger or smaller depending on how much the skin distorts when it moves?

Smaller pieces on joints, larger pieces midway along limbs and so on?

Maybe even use a thicker black here and there to build up the blocks so that the red lava is 'deep down' in the cracks?

Not that I would be able to pull it off this decade... 

• Like 1