Sign in to follow this  
Kangaroorex

V.2: Precious Stone Polyhedral Dice - Metallic Dice Games

I bought 4 sets of dice from these folks on their first kickstarter and they are some of my favorite dice to use.  Good weight and size (full 16mm).  They are not absolutely perfect, but neither are any other stone dice I have seen.  They also have a much better pricepoint than other stone dice I have seen.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/579878362/v2-precious-stone-polyhedral-dice

They had a bit of a hiccup in shipping during their first campaign because one of the stones (blue sandstone) was desired more than the others, but most orders were delivered on time and the rest well tracked and delivered right on their revised timeline.  Their communication was excellent throughout the first KS.

this time they are offering their original stones

1) Blue Sandstone
2) Green Aventurine
3) Red Jasper
4) Rose Quartz
5) Clear Quartz
6) Hematite
7) Synthetic Opalite

plus

• Amethyst
  • Lapis Lazuli
  • Tiger's Eye
  • Goldstone
  • Black Obsidian

One thing to note is that the numbers are printed on the die surface, not carved into the die.  I have been using them for 3 months now with no signs of wear or chipping but It is an item to note. 

Another thing to note is they are doing pipped D6 this time as well.

• Like 2

Woah, of all the dice I have seen, this one is pretty freaken nice!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 7Ninjasinatrenchcoat
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/goatdice/goat-dice-changing-the-way-we-roll

What are GOAT Dice?
      Polyhedral 20 sided dice that produce a visual swirling effect when rolled. The effect is akin to animation or holographic. Don't believe me? Watch the video!
      Handmade and Artisanal. 
      Each GOAT Dice is produced by hand by one person(me). The process takes 4 days total with many overnight curing processes. The dice are made from resin and secret proprietary ingredients to create the visual effect. 
      Are these dice fair?
      The #1 question asked. The truth is, I don't know, but I think so. I've rolled these dice hundreds of times to shoot the very videos you see here as well as having played with them and they don't seem to be unfair based on my experience. They cannot be tested by the infamous salt water trick because they sink due to their higher than normal weight and density.
      They roll just like any other D20 with one small difference. The inertia from the spinning core causes a drama moment at the end of the roll, sometimes the inertia is strong enough to make the dice flip one more side and other times the inertia is not strong enough and it does a bounce back. This does not effect the randomness, but can create tension. 
      Shipping.
      I've done shipping like this, on a good month working full time I can make 300 total GOAT Dice, so I've split that in half and adjusted the shipping accordingly. The early backers, the first 150 dice, I am expected to get out before the end of December and with any luck delivered before Christmas. Then I batch them into 3 months (450) for each quarter of 2020, so if you miss early backing then your delivery will be targeted for end of march, if you miss March, end of June and so on. Best case scenario all dice are shipped in half the time allotted. When one reward tier is out of stock, another will be added with +3 months on expected delivery. 

GOAT Admirer $1
      You like what you see and want to support this project. You can adjust your pledge at anytime and choose a reward. If you adjust your pledge for a reward, I will do my best to place you in the correct shipping timeline based on your time of pledging. If you want dice, best practice would be to back one of the other tiers. 
      Petting Zoo GOAT $25
      You will receive a single GOAT Dice of your choosing.
      Mountain GOAT $45
      You will receive two GOAT Dice of your choosing. Add $22.50 for additional GOAT Dice up to 4, if you want more than 4 you are upgraded to GOAT Shepherd. (you may choose the same color twice or more)
      GOAT Shepherd $95
      You will receive five GOAT Dice of your choosing. Add $18.00 for additional GOAT Dice, no maximum. (you may choose the same color twice or more)
      GOAT Admirer $1
      You like what you see and want to support this project. You can adjust your pledge at anytime and choose a reward. If you adjust your pledge for a reward, I will do my best to place you in the correct shipping timeline based on your time of pledging. If you want dice, best practice would be to back one of the other tiers. 
      Petting Zoo GOAT $25
      You will receive a single GOAT Dice of your choosing.
      Mountain GOAT $45
      You will receive two GOAT Dice of your choosing. Add $22.50 for additional GOAT Dice up to 4, if you want more than 4 you are upgraded to GOAT Shepherd. (you may choose the same color twice or more)
      GOAT Shepherd $95
      You will receive five GOAT Dice of your choosing. Add $18.00 for additional GOAT Dice, no maximum. (you may choose the same color twice or more)

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dispeldice/dispel-dice

About
        Tabletop RPG gaming saved my life during a time when I was really struggling. The act of a scheduled activity where I would go have fun with friends on a regular basis helped me overcome my depression. It helped me build stronger connections with friends, create a sense of community, and, as cheesy as it sounds, gave me somewhere to belong. As a way to contribute back to the fandom creatively, I started Dispel Dice. 
      Since then, it’s grown more than I could have possibly imagined in a short period of time. I want to share Dispel Dice with the world, and to do that, I need to accelerate production so it can be sustainable long-term.
      Dispel Dice stands in solidarity with Kickstarter United.
        To promote our debut, we have some Day One Pledge Bonuses available until tomorrow morning! They will be added to your pledge, free of charge, if you pledge within the first 24 hours. Day One Pledge Bonuses stack on top of the general Kickstarter bonuses. All orders placed up until 11/7, 9:00AM PST will qualify for a Day One Pledge Bonus, but after that, the offer expires!
      The pin may still be ordered during and after the campaign, but the D20 is exclusive to Day 1 pledgers. If you pledge 3 sets or MORE, you will receive the Merlot D20. 
          PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING OR FEES IMPOSED BY YOUR COUNTRY. SHIPPING WILL BE CHARGED ON TOP OF YOUR ORDER AFTER THE KICKSTARTER CONCLUDES VIA BACKERKIT. VAT TAXES, IMPORT FEES, CUSTOMS FEES, & DUTIES ARE NOT INCLUDED.
    • By Inarah
      Sophie at the Well of Lost Memories was my RC 2019 entry.  I posed her on a sculpted base, reading through a stack of old diaries and journals written by those who have gone before us.  She earned a bronze award. 

• By Lostwind
      I've backed all 4 Kickstarters, and in order to move on actually painting them I did a mass wash / prime.
      I've intermixed the bones by type (Monsters, Heroes, set dressing), and have a couple random pieces that got separated.
      Can anyone tell me what these parts belong to?
      TIA

• By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tiltfive/holographic-tabletop-gaming

I have me a bit of a dubious, largely because I'm not certain these will, in fact, work for anybody. But. Still.. the concept is pretty damn cool.

"Tilt Five is a whole new way to play games, in Augmented Reality (AR), with freaking holograms!
      When you slip on the Tilt Five glasses and look at the game board, a vibrant 3D world opens up to you.  Suddenly chasms seem to drop infinitely into your table, and game characters and monsters spring up from the game board.  This is gaming unlike anything you've experienced before. 
      "When we started designing the Tilt Five system our focus wasn't on the technology for technology's sake.  We wanted to provide an amazing gaming experience that blends the things you love about video games and board games. And we wanted it to be just as fun when playing solo, together with your friends, or even when you're apart."  Jeri Ellsworth, Co-Founder & CEO "

Be interesting to see if this lives up to itself.
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 0 Anonymous, 156 Guests (See full list)