Sign in to follow this  
tiniest rhombus

14433 Ursula Bear Rider Captain

Wow, great paintjob, but to me the base is awesome.

The water effect is very well done.

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 1

I'm in love with your base, it's amazing :wub:  and the paint job is really well done too!  ::D:

• Like 2

Thanks all, the base was suuuupppper fun to make. And a learning experience. Next one I make with a bunch of water should go so much more smoothly.

• Like 4

Thanks all, the base was suuuupppper fun to make. And a learning experience. Next one I make with a bunch of water should go so much more smoothly.

Did you use a 2-part resin or the Realistic Water?

• Like 2

Two part resin. Easy cast. It dries really clear, I mixed ink in to give it that color. The main problem I had with it was user error. I didn't make my seal tight enough so a bunch leaked out. I had to baby it for a few hours after the extra resin I had began to cure, pour a little in, then tilt it about to get it level again. Repeat. Also, after a couple hours of sanding trying to get it smooth on the sides, I got the bright ideas to just brush on some fresh resin. Worked like a charm.

• Like 3

This is super cool. She was one of my fav minis from KS2 and I havent touched her.

Can you post some closeups of the dwarf/bear?

• Like 1

The dwarf isn't separable from the bear, I'm afraid.

• Like 1

That's terrific! I love seeing the bases you come up with for your miniatures, they're always really cool.

Do share how you pull it off.

Yes, please do.

• Like 3

That's terrific! I love seeing the bases you come up with for your miniatures, they're always really cool.

Do share how you pull it off.

Yes, please do.

Thank you, I sure like making them. Next time i make one, I'll do an in depth WIP. Which should be soon, I'm thinking up one for my caeke minis right now in fact. :-D

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cicciopiu
      Hello forum family, wanna show you my last work: Sister Hazel.
      Was aiming to a realistic look,  she came out cartoonish  (as always)...
      Had some problems painting the bottles and had to paint it twice cause at first I've inverted the shadows and it looked like Windows XP desktop image -.-
      Still no good, but at least it look like bottles  Same problem with the googles.
      I'm happy with the blood splat and the dirty look, that's probably the only part I'm happy with.
      Anyway:

Every advise is suuuuper welcome (please!)
    • By Maledrakh
      Mat and Pat of the City Guard. Or whatever Reaper calls these minis. So far the only names I have for them is Bones 4 Core set #14 and #15.
      STOP PRESS: Upon actually checking the internets, it seems that they are already available cast in metal, and called "City Guard (2)". A no brainer, really. They are quite obviously just that.

I think I should have done the edging on the lower parts of the tabards differently, the blacklining did not turn out well at all. Looks better unmagnified IRL though.

'Alt raht there Guv'ner. You're not gettin' in 'ere dressed like that!

B4Core #14 and #15 City Guard
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 4 KS 2017
      Sculpted by Bobby Jackson
      Bonesium PVC.
      30mm round lipped base
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future

• By 72moonglum
      So I have finally painted my first Bones Black figures, Juliana the Herbalist and it really was a very nice experience, far better than painting the normal Bones white squishy material. The detail is far crisper and cleaner and this figure was just really nice, not really a warrior or adventurer running around with sword or staff, just hanging out in her garden.  Those two little balls on her sides I thought originally were hedgehogs, but I think they must have just been pine cones.
      Anyway, enjoy!
    • By Maledrakh
      In the grand scheme of things, this Ogre Palace Guard proxy for Kings of War Vanguard turned out to be a Half-Ogre Fighter when I googled it.
      Number 4 on the Bones 4 core set graphic, but no official code as of yet.

B4Core #4

The casual, brute strength on display straight-arming that shield like that!
      As you can see, I had problems with the gradient on the shield. Not really satisfied with that at all.
      He is about the size of an older style Ogre. I rebased him on a 40mm round I printed out.

The armour is thick, and the shield is broad. Weak at the neck, and under the arm ...and behind the legs!

I wonder if the upper parts of the chest, between the plackart and the gorget, are meant to be bare flesh and not armour? It would probably look wierd if I painted it like that though.

B4Core #4 Half-Ogre Fighter
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 4 KS 2017
      Sculpted by Bobby Jackson
      Bonesium PVC.
      40mm round lipped base
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future
    • By Hack Mini Painter
      It's all finished. The grass came in, and I finally finished the sword to my liking. For more pics click here.

Thanks for looking,
      HMP

• Who's Online   35 Members, 2 Anonymous, 256 Guests (See full list)