mikem91

Origins 2015 Presence?

The Origins Site book has come out recently(-ish).  Though Reaper isn't in the Exhibitor hall (oh, noes!), they've a full page in the site book saying "Come by and see us at Booth #D-100".

Well, the map on page 52 shows D-100 is Upper Deck.

#Panic

Is this a convention snafu or some sort of "Where's Waldo?" style LARP?

They typo'd the ad.

We are booth F100 in the miniatures hall.

I'll be working the show along with Katie from our paint department.

Edited by ladystorm
  • Like 7

I don't think I'll be able to make it this year. It's only about an hour's drive to Columbus, but money is tight. :\

The Reaper booth (and Paint 'n Take!) have always been a highlight in years past, though. Hope everyone there gets a chance to stop by.

Edited by morari
  • Like 1

The game crew will also be there.  We will have Dragon's Night Out and two Dungeon Crawls (10 player and 5 player versions).  There will also be a new game called Goblin's Night Out.

The game crew will also be there.  We will have Dragon's Night Out and two Dungeon Crawls (10 player and 5 player versions).  There will also be a new game called Goblin's Night Out.

GNO is an absolute blast!

I saw those and am trying to work them in the schedule.. sadly I don't think I'll have a painting entry this year unless i focus for the next 48 hrs on something other than the modules I am GMing ;)

AAAAAAHHHHH!  Where's my Reaper Badgeholder!!!

Oh, ahem.  Right in my reaper bag I threw my con stuff in last year. 

Panic averted.  I hope this is my only freak out for the trip.  I'm tossing in another USB cable for charging just in case.

• Like 1

Back from the con, broke but happy.

Thanks to the Reaper crew for the warm welcome. Hang in there, Lady Storm and Katie. It's almost over.

• Like 4

Back from the con.  I probably spent more than I intended.  It was good to see the reaper there as well as supporting the paint and take (bones-Olivia was really popular from what I've heard from the volunteers).  I didn't finish mine at the con which is some sort of foul I think.

Hildi also took all my quarters....  Hildi's Dragon Egg Dispenser is a fiendishly designed device.  Deviltry must have been involved.

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Disciple of Sakura
      For the last three years, I've gotten to attend Origins in Ohio, and have really loved doing the Reaper Speedpaint (and even won last year). I was hoping to go and participate in the Speedpaint again this year, but I was going through the Origins 2019 event schedule and didn't see a single entry from Reaper. Is Reaper not going to be at Origins this year, or at least not hosting any events?
    • By Disciple of Sakura
      So, I went to Origins this weekend and entered the Reaper Speed-Paint. I was only supposed to be at the con on Friday and Saturday, but I paved on Friday and won my Saturday semifinal, so I called in sick on Sunday so I could compete in the finals, where I managed to pull off a win. Friday was the scarecrow, Saturday was the hobgoblin, and Sunday they gave us the Jungle Titan. I'd already painted two of the three before, which certainly didn't hurt when it came go time.
      I didn't get a chance to get pictures in my photo studio before heading out on vacation, so these are the shots I took with my phone at the convention. 

We had 45 minutes in round 1, 50 minutes in round 2, and a whopping 60 minutes in round 3.
    • By knarthex
      My skills with collages with the new photo shop I got for Xmas are non existent, so I thought I would link my Inspiration Gallery Pics if people cared to look at most of the Reaper Minis I painted this year. There maybe one or two that were done prior to this year, But they are still there....
      Also I will link my RPChallenge links as well, some will be the same as the Gallery, just with more pics!

July
      1: Cichastus
      2:Rogan, Half Orc Rogue
      3: Cavern Crawler
      4: Escalla the Faerie
      5: Winter Wolf
      6: Karoak
      7:Ral Partha Water Elemental
      8: Astrid
      9: Bettina
      10:7 Kobolds
      11:Wind Elemental
      12: Citadel Dwarf with No Name

August
      Painted this month:
      1: Warg 03209
      2: 2 Dire Wolves 02415
      3: Marbrezuk 02656 (Glabrezu) Type III Demon
      4: Thornwart 02644 (Nalfeshnee) Type IV Demon
      5. Neroli 02946
      6: 4 Kobolds 03064
      7. Hell Hound 03609
      8. Snar Mangebelly, Kobold King 03295
      9. Vourgha the Ogre 02312

September
      1. Duergar Golem (02988)
      2. Vrock (02532)
      3. Exchange Mini- finished but still can't post (9/30) Pics posted 3 Nov Crystal Golem
      4.     " Balto Burrowell
      5       " Pillar of Evil
      6. Duergar Cleric (02988)
      7. Duergar Sergeant and 2 Troopers (all different) (02989)

October
      1.  DDS 2 Tower  (Tower and Terrain Complete)
      2. Candelabra [2] (P02990B)
      3. Pillar of Evil (02814)
      4. Giant's Spitoon
      5. Refinished Hell Hound
      6. Xherman (The Were Puppy) (02870)
      7. Jack-o-Lantern (02870)

November
      1. Well of Chaos (o3569)
      2. Sculpey Well (First fully sculpted object)
      3. The Gremlin From Familiar pack VI (02870)
      4. Ral Partha Efreeti
      5. Altar of Evil (77139)
      6. Mummy of Hakir (02156)

December
      1. Pillar of Good (02094
      2. Pillar of Evil (02044)
      3. Cauldron (P02904D)
      4. Hirst Arts Skull
      5. Kanaag, Half Orc (02898 & P02934B)
      6. Candelabra x2 (P02580B)
      7. Peryton (03702) Secret Sophie Mini (finished but no pics until my partner gets it!)(pics added 12/20)
      8. Pillar of Good (02815) New Version

I just picked up my paint brush again in mid April as a form of therapy, to keep my mind off of things better not dwelt on...

Following the forums starting in July has really kicked up my game, as you can see if you start with the earliest minis I posted, and compared them to what I am achieving now..
      Getting new GOOD brushes, learning how to use a wet palette and reading things here have been the keys to my improvement.

So many thanks to everyone that commented about anything I posted, you certainly helped me out!

Heck you guys helped me get 2 minis into the STORE!
      02656: Demon Marbrezuk
      03702: Peryton

Special Thanks to our own "Dark Enabler", Ub3r_N3rd whom I have pestered unmercifully with questions since August when the Fall Exchange went Live! He was (and IS!) a font of good information and advice, and was more than patient with me...

So it was a Great time for me!

George
    • By Pingo
      So here's what I finished this year, most of it from Reaper: 

A whole bunch of halflings and gnomes.  A couple of frost giants: Reaper's Frorigh and Otherworld Miniatures' nameless giant.  Dragons (and one ice wyrm).  I actually made bases for the dragons (no, really!), so I should try to find later photos of them as well, and do Show-Off threads for their finished forms.  

Terrain pieces from Itar's Workshop, some sci fi,  and lots of aquatic creatures.  Standing stones both sinister and benevolent from Naloomi's Workshop (Hijad the Pirate amongst the standing stones is only there for scale).  Lots of Mouslings and more aquatic critters.  The kraken is done but I haven't made a Show-Off thread for it either, which is why the casual garden photography.  And two Discworld characters, Granny Weatherwax and Samuel Vimes, from Micro Art Studio.

• By Jay
      Going to finish up his medallion with some free hand and call it done.
      Hope all of you have a lovely Christmas

Maybe Santa will get me some photography skills next year ;)
  • Who's Online   38 Members, 1 Anonymous, 323 Guests (See full list)