Sign in to follow this  
dsmiles

FUNNEL CAKE!

So many ways to take that out of context.... :lol:

Hey just cause Awesome Wife was living in Boston when I met her.....

You know what?  It's a family friendly board.  Ima gonna drop this.

Like it's hot?

• Like 1

I usually bake my pork shoulders as the ones I tend to buy are usually too large for the crock pot.  A Boston Butt is good too.

You probably know but I'll add for posterity boston butt is a cut of shoulder.  I can't do a whole shoulder in my crock pot so I usually do a boston butt.  I just make sure I get the blade bone.  bones are flavor.  

However, My favorite cut of any meat anywhere is a picnic.  That is a whole ham but its uncured and has the skin on still.  Cracklings are the food of the gods.  

• Like 1

mmm funnel cake.

the only way I avoid buying it is to avoid fairs.  

Eating funnel cake and watching catapults fling pumpkins was my fav.  fair ever.  

It was held only a mile from where I lived, So I would just walk. It was great.

just not the years poured rain.

or the year it was below 0. 

or the year it was 15 degrees and I was carrying the baby inside my coat. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 2

So many ways to take that out of context.... :lol:

Hey just cause Awesome Wife was living in Boston when I met her.....

You know what?  It's a family friendly board.  Ima gonna drop this.

That kind of friendly is how families get started, lol...

• Like 3

Churros rellenos con cajetas...now THIS is good stuff..and not quite as messy as funnel cake.

• Like 3

Churros rellenos con cajetas...now THIS is good stuff..and not quite as messy as funnel cake.

I'm Sicilian, I'll stick to cannolis. Not that there's anybody selling them at booths, unfortunately. Ya know, I think maybe if I ever win the lottery, I'm gonna buy a food cart and sell cannolis for awhile.

• Like 4

I'm Sicilian, I'll stick to cannolis. Not that there's anybody selling them at booths, unfortunately. Ya know, I think maybe if I ever win the lottery, I'm gonna buy a food cart and sell cannolis for awhile.

There's a booth at the Utica farmer's market that has good cannoli.
  • Like 1

After reading this thread, I got in the mood to buy myself some picnic shoulder pork for the slow cooker.

I've spice rubbed it, injected it with marinade, both improvised with whatever was in the cupboard, and tomorrow morning I'll slow cook it with some onions and shredded cabbage.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 2

A cannoli sounds good now. Especially when they are filled right before you eat them and the shell is super-crisp.

• Like 2

In deep south Texas, we do not know Sicilian from Shinola, and thus... churros. 

Weirdly enough, I tried cannoli before I ever had the chance to sample funnel cake. I was a grown man before I ever saw a funnel cake... at Wurstfest, in New Braunfels, deeply intoxicated and ready to try anything...

• Like 2

I got in trouble in New York once for carrying cannoli through the airport.

Word of advice: don't use the phrase "just be careful with that" around ATF officers...

• Like 3