Sign in to follow this  

These are meant to be dark souls style bonfires, that I made as objective markers.

I started by chopping a burning sphere about halfway up. Then I stuck the top part onto a base using modeling paste, which I used to sculpt in some bones and dirt and the like. then I took the two unsheathed swords from P14261C, and twisted the blades slightly using a round nose pliars, because the swords are supposed to be ruined. Then I primed the swords. once they were dry I drilled a small hole in the flames with a pin vise and stuck the sword in. I used a little super glue, but it stuck pretty well just from friction.

Then nothing left to do but paint them and respawn some undead.

20150531_154619.png_zps4wqvwpxq.jpeg

20150531_154649.png_zpsbbszkbms.jpeg

20150531_154717.png_zpskuf3k7gf.jpeg

• Like 14

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Disciple of Sakura
      I finally got this beast finished. I have a snake god in my homebrewed campaign, Baumol, the Neutral Evil god of corruption, lies, and envy, and really love getting these serpents for him to inflict on my players. Since this is much more likely to be a statute than a creature (though it'll be that, too), I decided to paint it up with an elaborate base. I gouged out the mini's eyes and replaced them with craft store fake gemstones, picked up some Reaper flaming spheres (77081) and cut up the graveyard expansion pillars from Bones 3 (77638) to make braziers, then mounted them all to a wooden pyramid I got at a craft store and covered with cobblestone texture-rolled sculpy. I drilled a pit into the base of the sphere, through the braziers, and through the base, then ran some LED string into the fires and mounted the battery in the base. I'm really satisfied with the result. Baumol's holy symbol is a gold or black snake curled around a red gem signifying a heart, so the cobra's hood has this symbol on both sides, and there's a red oval on the base upon which the snake sits. His favored weapon is a trident, so the inner hood markings are tridents, too...

Closeup of the gem eyes. They were clear, but I washed them with green ink and gloss varnish.

Closeup on the front of the base.

And now with the LEDs on.

• By nervisfr
      Hello,
      I'm back with a new conversion.

The classic one was like that :

and mine is like that :

and after some paintjob, looking like ;

all pictures can seen on my blog :

http://chti-reanimator59.blogspot.com/2019/11/le-re-animator-bat-son-record.html

Cheers
      Eric

Cheers
      Eric
    • By Werkrobotwerk
      I had a project that called for two of the Maria androids from bones 4. But since she comes paired with the male android, I had two left over. 

So I chopped them up to make these silly things. Their right arms are the gun from a blackstar corair, backpacks are from a mantic gcps, and the chest is a little tablet computer from gates of Antares I think. 

Also a blackstar corsair for comparison.

• By stormbreach
      Here is the snake man warrior I finished a few weeks back.  I was having issues with the yellow belly since the paint was very chalky but I did what I could.  I am happy with the shading and tiny reflection on the gem on his bracer, it was my first time doing that, even though it's basically invisible from 3 feet away.  Let me know what you think!

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Ziba the Efreeti (although I've gone for more of a giant, scary woman version) who was Marchs Bones Black promo mini.

I think I did a pretty good job with her head, the rest not so much, but I had fun painting her.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   33 Members, 3 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)