• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      The City Watch. Charged with lantern and truncheon to keep the peace and vigilantly guard against threats thereunto. Again, I'm a sucker for the buckled slouch hats and the shoulder-draping collar.

Midlam's Halflings again, featuring Kate Redhanded:

more angles:

...and Clubbo Drubbins. Can't say I did such a good job on his lighting as on Kate's, but can for sure say I've done worse. 

Bringing light into dark places:

"Halt! Who goes there!"

And a whole crowd of citizens ready to deal with thieves, spies, monsters, witches, or rat-men. 

(Guest appearances by Abram Duskwalker and Mira, Damaris Duskwarden, Sheriff Drumfasser, and the Gravedigger.)
    • By Rigel
      Let's meet Will Chandler, Midlam's halfling candlestick-maker. (Strictly I think a candlestick maker is a silversmith or pewtersmith rather than a chandler, but I don't work for Midlam and this sculpt is too good and evocative to complain!) So much character on display. This one is an exercise in OSL, having no fewer than four light sources, and I can't pretend to have done it much justice with painting; those candle stubs are tiny. Am happy with the lighting on one or two pictures though!

An uncanny encounter after dark:

With a few other citizens
    • By Citrine
      Here is some delightful halflings from the Townfolk #4 set from Midlam Miniatures.  I love these guys and managed to finish 1 a day in December.

Halfling Blacksmith (SKU HTC30), Halfling Butcher (SKU HTC17), Halfling Baker (SKU HTC18) and Halfling Herald (SKU HTC24)

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone! After seeing @Kangaroorex Grenadier 9601, Black Dragon, I decided it was time for me to salvage mine from the shelf of shame. Thanks for the motivation Kangaroorex. This model was sculpted by William Watt in 1988. Unfortunately, the one I bought some years ago had a few battle scars. It has a broken horn and a broken wing claw. Its main tail stinger and tongue were also broken. As a reference, the base is 75mm wide.

• By MoonglowMinis
      The last of my player characters I painted up for Frostrun is Ophelia Pokitz, a young halfling with sticky fingers.  They're represented here by Bailey Silverbell.

Ophelia was a fun mini as well.  Was my first time painting a humanoid with large facial features, which made it a lot easier to bring definition to the nose, lips, and eyes.  I think I even hit the cheeks with a bit of blush.  I also had fun trying to make their cloak look like it was made of fur.  The result is acceptable, but might also just look snow covered.  You can be the judge.  I also enjoyed painting a rogue that was both colorful, but subdued.  The dark greens and magentas add some much needed life to the otherwise dark mini, in my opinion.

More Photos beneath the spoiler:

Ophelia Pokitz is what you would call a troubled teen.  Orphaned at a young age, Ophelia spent much of their childhood passing from orphanage to orphanage, always finding a way to get kicked out.  They eventually left the system and struck out on their own, traveling to some of the larger cities in search of a better life.  Over the years, Ophelia has learned to use their small size and tiny hands to "reposes" any valuables that aren't bolted down.  This habit has put them on a wanted list in many towns across the countryside.  Pushed further north, Ophelia has found themselves in the town of Harpy's Hearth.  Ignorant of their southern reputation, and full of gold-carrying adventurers, this could be a great place for Ophelia to catch a break and line their own pockets.  It could also be a great place to find a new family.  If they can survive the darkness to come.

Read their story and check out the rest of the Frostrun project HERE.
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)