Sign in to follow this  
Chaoswolf

WOTC Chainmail Crested FellDrake

This cute little fella is a Crested Felldrake made by WoTc for their Chainmail line of figures. I painted him up during the paint binge.

You can't tell from the pictures (and I took a ton trying to get some decent ones) but his eyes are painted.

post-12095-0-75579700-1433115004_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-96065600-1433115013_thumb.jpg

C&C is welcome.

• Like 14

He's cool, I like what you did with the base. He could use more contrast though, higher highlights would make a big difference. :D

• Like 3

Which one of the Chainmail factions was she part of?

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Some partly modified Nolzur's Myconid Adults, plus a WotC Manes demon I got in a random box. I had no need of flabby little demons, and I do have need of spore servants, so I took drill and sewing pins to them as described in this thread: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85573-putting-the-fun-in-fungal-infestation/ 

Behold Mushroom Buddy 1! He's inspired by Boletus subvelutipes, Boletus bicolor, and other more flashy boletes.

And here's Mushroom Buddy 2, modded up with pins. More of a Boletus edulis / B. pinophilus look to him, with enokitake/ Flammulina velutipes sprouts. More of a waxy-cap or psilocybe color to the little sprouts though; all pale would be boring. 

And here's Cletus the spore servant. I figure in life he was a very fat goblin. I made these mushroom stems a very subtle purple (Slaanesh grey + Reaper Vampiric Flesh). 

And here's a group shot! 

• By Sharkbelly
      Hey all, I've begun the process of re-basing some old WOTC Star Wars metal characters that I painted a while back. I've added a little height to each base, and now they will be more consistent with the new Star Wars Legion models. I hope you enjoy them.

The first is the Cerean Jedi. This guy was my character in the Living Force campaign for many years.

Next up is the Human Male Fringer.

Last, for now, is a Warhammer 40K model that I painted up do be a human soldier.

• By MojoBob
      This is a re-paint of one of Wizards of the Coast's pre-painted plastic D&D miniatures. According to the information moulded under the base, it's a Lich Necromancer.

I tried to get his cloak looking like a fairly freshly flayed skin, though with fairly limited success.

WotC's pre-painted miniatures are extremely variable in quality, both in sculpting and in painting. This isn't one of their best in either respect, but neither is it one of their worst.
    • By Crowley
      Blame @Bathory for the thread title and unofficial goal for this month...

If you're like me, you've got a bunch of unfinished projects collecting dust. Rather than start something new, why not finish something old?

My goals:
      Finish stone giant and these guys

• By NomadZeke
      Ok so early May kinda train-wrecked for me and my family so I really haven't had much time to write it up until now, apologies for the delay.

Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/72577-resolutionary-painting-challenge-2017-chatterquestions/
      All the information you need should be here.

Due to the revised format, there will be more than one bonus challenge available for this month. Including a "Hard mode" which Is some combination that may or may not have a source behind it.

May and June 2017

Your challenge is: 9!

Bonus Challenge: The First!
      Beware the Batman. In May 2014, this series first aired on Adult Swim. Paint a character you want to resemble a hero or villain from the series. Characters in the series may be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beware_the_Batman

Bonus Challenge: The Second!
      Spirit of Summer. No, no the mini, but you can do that if you wish. Paint a mini that embodies the spirit of summer to you. It can be a character in certain colors, a water scene, or (a personal favorite) a campfire.

Hard Mode Challenge!
      Roulette Triad.
      I used a highly scientific method of shooting rubber bands at the wall above my paint racks and seeing where it falls to choose three colors. All three must be used, and only these three (If you have specific colors: Great! if not, reasonable approximations are allowed, please ask if you have a question)
      Clear Yellow
      Carrot Top Red
      Gem Purple

Good luck
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 3 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)