SamuraiJack

Clear Map Grids by Arcknight

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1534484023/clear-map-grids/description

About this project

9585684c1905761ebd5627303416ff33_originaClear Map Grids

Clear Map Grids are way to place grids where no grids have gone before. You can now make battle maps out of virtually anything - from gridless maps to tablecloths or maps printed at home, and best still we will print you any type of custom grid.

9bf11ffaeb763e2aa1178b4729c064ed_originaGridless Manor with Clear Map Grid overlay

If you've seen our Roleplaying Maps by Arcknight, you've seen what we can do with Grids using both a white and black effect. The white will be more apparent on dark backgrounds, and the dark will be more apparent on light backgrounds, giving you great contrast in any scenario. We've applied this technique to the plastic used in our Flat Plastic Miniatures campaign with great results.

e8a0e2fc512261a278ea5f7e8065104a_originaVarious printed textures with Clear Map Grid overlay

Clear Map Grids are wet erase and dry erase, highly resistant and flexible, and heavy enough to hold down paper and resist being blown around. They're light enough that they can be shipped and carried easily, and layered over a large table (or any other area), with very little effect on it's thickness.

013a509dbc00a069a4fa35a655ef574f_originaArchitectural drawing with Clear Map Grid overlay Grid - ANY Type, Size and Color!

There's really nothing we CAN'T print as Clear Map Grids, so we're leaving this completely up to you. Throughout the campaign we'll be taking backer suggestions and creating all the grid sizes, colors, and styles our backers want. This is your opportunity to get grid support for rare or specific needs that you otherwise could not easily accomplish.

When the campaign ends, you can select any types of Clear Map Grids you wish.

The list of grids includes, but is not limited to:

Our Standard 1" Grid Squares or Hexes, with crosses to minimize art loss

4d196cf17f6fed083350f33cc0503663_origina

7c354dfbfd471ef9a7b089100f10caa3_origina

Oversized Grids - 1.5" or even larger grid squares or hexes. Great for Heroclix or other games that use large pieces.

9a068f8c08d2f3075bfea907a6366cf7_origina

Small Grid - Quarter Sized, Half Sized, you name it. Great for games like Car Wars or systems that use fine movement in steps other than 5'.

Double Grids - Large Square or Hex clusters, with smaller Square or Hex grid inside them. Useful for counting large increments in games like Mechwarrior and Battletech.

4bea5495340899adc4ad1b98081f8e74_origina

Colored Grids - High Contrast, Colorblind, any colors you could possibly want. Let us know what you'd like, and we'll create it.

f69dbe1ef8a9ca01ad89f0a521aaf4b3_origina

Stylistic Grids - Grids with borders, inverted light/dark, thicker or thinner shadows, and various other effects. Whatever you think looks best.

2e233fb73392d164aa0dc2eb83702a4a_origina

Classic Full Grids - For a more traditional look, ditch the crosses if you'd like.

79e1a3b39b7d0b3ddbf3dfc3e822d31d_origina

Mix and Match! There's really no type of special grid we can't make. So if you want it, ask for it, and we'll make it for you. And if you want something not shown, tell us in the comments.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 3

How big can you get to?  Is 48x48 inches possible? (Naval Wargames)

• Like 1

interesting. Even without the KS, might be something to keep in mind got future use.

• Like 1

Sheet Sizes

Clear Map Grids are initially printed on 12" x 18" plastic sheets, with a 1/2" margin on all sides, creating an 11" x 17" printed area (same as our maps). This is the standard format that all sheets will be delivered in.

Cutting

Clear Map Grids can be cut by anything you would expect to cut plastic. (Scissors - yes, your teeth - no).

For a small fee, we can additionally cut your plastic down to 11"x17", or cut it further in half to 8.5" x 11" US Letter size prior to shipment.

This fee will likely be +$5.00 for any size tier, or broken down on a per-sheet basis inside Backerkit when adding additional sheets.

• Like 1

A brilliantly simple idea!

Though at the same time I'm trying to recall the last time I've seen a game map that didn't have a grid or grid reference. So I'm on the fence for this one.

• Like 1

The Conan ks has some nice looking maps that won't have a grid, this could make them more versatile.

• Like 1

Or place them over your gridded maps so you can make marks without marking them up.

• Like 2

I was just thinking the other day about something like this and where I could find some!

There video is pretty decent. Direct and to the point, and funny! Good chance I will put down for this, it's a simple great idea.

Edited by Arc 724

The Conan ks has some nice looking maps that won't have a grid, this could make them more versatile.

Same ditto for Zombicide, Dark Darker Darkest, and other "area" boardgames. You could also lay this on top of flat terrain to use hexes instead of inches?

These are super neat, but between the battle mat and DF dwarvenite tiles (and the Stones tiles I have coming from that KS) I don't think I need these. Doesn't mean I don't WANT them, though... Will save still holding strong.

• Like 1

I have been incredibly happy with their map product

Ya? I looked at there store on the site, they are selling the KS pack of those maps. I'm thinking about it. $180 though...