Sign in to follow this  
Bonwirn

Anyone Know the Griffon's size? 3662

It is tall & skinny. :lol:

I've got it, but it's un-assembled. Let see if I can take a mock up pic for yah vs a human sized fig, later.

frp has a few of these for $17.50.... or half off. thought about snagging one or two. Might be worth it for melt credit alone... but hard to say without knowing the size..

(and please, some of you go buy them out before I get a chance to!)

Ok here it is with a Bones 1 skeleton archer. Note there is a small base.

Griffon height

Actually for the size, it's really not that heavy. The wings are prob the weight of the mini.

• Like 1

No scale but as said compared to others in the price range it feels lighter.

I'll try to remember to weigh it tonight when I get home. :lol:

But it's a lovely piece of hate to see them all hit the melt pile.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MusicalFeline
      Brief word of introduction. I know next to nil about CAV. My current interest in it is solely from a painting perspective. With that in mind, please excuse any blunders I make.

So, I'm a painter looking for some cool stuff to paint. I see CAV's mechs. I think "I like mechs, those look cool, I think I'll grab some". Then my eyes flicker upwards towards where it says "10mm scale". I think you can see where this is going.

Long story short, how big are these? It looks like they come on 1" hexes, and $4.99-$6.99 is quite a lot to charge for a small mini (in my opinion, of course).

Many thanks, all!
    • By lexomatic
      I do not understand how this mini is supposed to go together. There is a large hair bulge that is supposed to fit in the hollow of the back. I tried sliding and twisting and cannot get the head to fit on in a dry fit. I cant imagine doing this after painting.  I don't really want to try and paint  and be unable to get into corners. Has anyone posted this anywhere? Things got caught and I see white stress marks on the mini where I had to try and force it off and it makes me super nervous to try anything again.
      This is exactly why I would 100 times out of 100 take a poorly glued at the factory mini. It's effectively wasted money for me, because I can't do anything with it.

• By Tigermanic
      I recently bought the 2 headed Troll "Lardgulp" to use as a boss in an upcoming battle for my play group. The problem is that compared to the reaper black Rock Troll I received he is not so intimidating...

However, I've seen on other sites a new reaper black or bones 2 headed Troll for pre order. I was wondering if there were any pictures of it compared to the Rock troll, and when will it be available on the site properly?

• By Dae
      I planned to go for the coloring suggestion on the box, except with brighter feathers. After base coat and a wash it seemed to turn rather plain. I keep the underside this way, while for the top side of the wings I started adding some variation to the feathers, gradually daring to add more detail and contrast. Took a while to get there, but in the end I was happy and called it finished. I even took a fun picture with it:

But now that I'm a few minis wiser, I demoted him from finished to lacking base. And this is where I am stuck now. 

I had this plan of making a sandstone cliff looking base. I positioned him and started building up terrain, working carefully not to damage the finished mini. I colored some stones of various sizes in a few colors so I don't need to paint as much around the mini and I started to glue my rocks carefully around the base. 

I kept working on it for hours thinking I am getting somewhere, but once I took a break and looked at it again from all sides... I stand by my rocks, I think in a few steps they'll look great, but the scene makes no sense. These are not cliffs, more like a stone quarry, what would a griffon be doing there? - that's too specific and unlikely.

Time to "delete" this somehow and start over... Wish me luck!

https://pocketsizedadventurers.wordpress.com/2019/12/18/griffon-wings/

• By lexomatic
      So I've painted up a couple of sample pieces of my 4bot tiles and to try out an ice recipe. I thought I'd get some feedback. It seems a bit too sea glass for me.
      Phtalo green (yellow ink) +medium, then drybrush of teal, turquoise, pale blue, and adding white.
      Also included a pic of previous recipe using turquoise ink and pale blue, then white drybrush.
      And materials Thoughts?
  • Who's Online   25 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)