• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are more WIP pictures of Finari! I worked on making her teal armor appear shinier, and I've worked on the NMM gold as well, although that part is still not done. I'm really enjoying the gold now that I've moved away from using a series of brown-ish colors. My colors on this NMM gold are a deep purple (VGA Hexed Lichen), a slightly earthy red (VMC Cavalry Brown), a greenish yellow ochre (VMC Khaki Grey), a pale yellow (VMC Golden Yellow), and my usual almost-white "white" (VMC Ivory). I feel like the gold is way more interesting. Also, in the case of this overall scheme, I think it plays off the purple/magenta cloak and teal armor very nicely. I'm still figuring out what I want to do with that cross on the back of her cloak, so it is nowhere near finished.

post-13177-0-56715200-1433859863_thumb.jpg

post-13177-0-23625900-1433859864_thumb.jpg

post-13177-0-92788000-1433859864_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Sorry for the bad photos...I was in a hurry. I've mostly been fiddling with her armor again, but I've gotten a little start on her sword now. I'm also just trying on the red hair. I kinda like it, but it also seems like a bit much. What do you guys think? I could just go back brown or blonde. I'm hoping to finish her by the end of the weekend....hoping. =)

post-13177-0-19247700-1434083711_thumb.jpg

post-13177-0-76755600-1434083711_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

keep the red hair...  you just need to lighten it up a bit with the highlights reaching towards orange or even a yellow.  this will bring her hair into the same polished/shiny look the rest of her has.

• Like 1

Thanks, I think I will keep the red then. I hadn't worked on it at all except to lay down a quick layer of a red that was already on my palette just to see how it plays in. This afternoon I have another project I need to work on, but maybe tonight I will get to work on Finari again.

• Like 1