Sign in to follow this  
scipio.au

Classic C23 Citadel Ogres for Kings of War – Unit 3: Warriors with 2-Handed Weapons

Congrats on getting them done!

They're fun looking,

and Points for getting them off your wall of shame :)

Great job on them!! I love those old sculpts; so much more character than their new plastic ones.

Thank you all for the very kind words. I agree that these older models are certainly far more individual and characterful, and will always be my favourite line of ogres. I’ll be trying my hand on the newer ones soon enough, and I have some ideas to paint some character onto them, if not individuality.

IMG_3327_zpsuidltvdd.jpg

Here's the final, completed unit of these Ogres. I'm getting down to the last few of these old models now to paint and finish, which is both heartening and also a little sad.

Considering all the rumors about the demise of Warhammer as it has been known, good to be finishing up right before the end but also a bit sad.

Edit: wait, you said Kings of War, so it's all good.

Edited by TGP

Yeah, I gave away WHFB quite a few years ago when it became far too "Herohammer" for my tastes, and burdened by way too many special rules and exceptions. I like cool-looking centrepiece models as much as the next person, but I also like playing "mass battles" games because I enjoy the troop movements. Kings of War managed to scratch the Warhammer itch for me, while (more importantly) giving me a place to use all my old (and new) Warhammer models.   

Also, my LotR models, my historical models, and all those random cool-looking fantasy models. My Reaper Bones Purple Worms will make an appearance at some stage, I'm sure.  :B):

• Like 1

Ah,fond memories these look awesome and such vibrancy in the painting

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      Seemingly unrelated to each other, but I swear all these minis were drying from the sealer by 11:23pm on 12/31/2020.

Here are....Lidless Eye's Last Minis of 2020!

A Winter Wizard from Reaper Miniatures oh wait it's Santa, isn't it?

To back him up, some friendly Reindeer to back him up.

Wait, I'm being informed they're actually Grashrak's Despoilers from Warhammer: Underworlds

The last bit of their native habitat, a fallen tree (3D print from The Lost Adventures)

A creepy Scarecrow Puppet familiar from Reaper Miniatures.

Arik Axereaver, Barbarian, acquired as a bonus along with the Father Christmas.  His head seems to reflect everything in the lightbox.

And doing what we all should from the last year, the Fleeing Halfling from Warploque Miniatures.  He must know Johann.

• By Lidless Eye
      Slightly delayed to finish, and even more delayed to post to the forums, are my usual themed miniatures from November: Dwarves!

Beardy folk seem most appropriate for No-Shave November.

Redcaps pretending to be Dwarves from Massive Darkness

A Duergar Trapper from Stonehaven Miniatures

The Dwarf King from the small release "The Dwarf King's Court, Revisited" by Colin Dixon Miniatures

A Warhammer Dwarf Miner where I think I remembered how flames work:

This was going to be my PC for Rise of the Runelords, but the game ended before I ever painted him.  Grimlok Rockholmes, the World's 2nd Greatest Dwarf Detective.  
      SKU: 50319: OLAV GUNDERSON, DWARF GAMBLER

The only beardless member, SKU 77413: Margara, Dwarf Shaman

SKU 77572: Dwarf Master of the Hunt.  Jason Wiebe always manages to hide fun details: I hadn't realized his jacket was a dragonskin and not just armor plates until I was almost done and wound up painting it to match.

Another Pathfinder Iconic that took way too long, SKU 89020 Harsk, Iconic Dwarf Ranger

• By Sharkbelly
      My next project is a small Kroot force. I don't play Warhammer 40K, but these guys will be a great band of aliens for Star wars. Here is the test figure that I painted earlier. Now up are four Kroot hounds. They have been base-coated Nurgling Green and washed with Reikland Fleshshade. Now to give that some time to dry.

• By Nakatan
      My take on 54mm Zweothel.
      Join my Patreon and Instagram to see more
      https://www.instagram.com/story1000suns/
      Vote for her on P&P
      https://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/27985

• By MusicalFeline
      Here you go, folks, my second of the four Warhammer warbands I've got (Here's the first). When I first started painting these, I was a bit worried about them looking just like a blob of gold, but I must say, I'm quite pleased with how the colors look. And that bird... That bird is my favorite. I tried speckling its breast and around its neck, but it just looks blotchy. Oh well. 

• Who's Online   15 Members, 2 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)