All the Nova Corps.

All the terrain.

All the Anhurians.

and

All the Bathalians.

• Like 7

All the Bones models.

That's just cheating.

And unrealistic in the short term.... maybe eventually.... but I'm definitely hoping to find my town guards & goblins in the LE Kickstarter latter.....

• Like 3

Things that I need in large numbers but don't necessarily have time to paint in large numbers, such as skeletons, goblins, orcs, bugbears, spiders, kobolds, wolves, town guards, etc. Basically, stuff that I can grab and drop onto the battlefield by the handful.  ::D:  :devil:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 15

Things that I need in large numbers but don't necessarily have time to paint in large numbers, such as skeletons, goblins, orcs, bugbears, spiders, kobolds, wolves, town guards, etc. Basically, stuff that I can grab and drop onto the battlefield by the handful.  ::D:  :devil:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

That would make a lot of sense.

• Like 4

The cost breakdowns on converting Bones to LE are interesting. LE figures cost more per unit (significantly more, not just pennies but 500-1000%) but we don't have to buy a new mold. We do have to buy masks for painting, so what's crazy is that setup for a new color-run of LE is within a hundred bucks or so of setup for a brand new mold for Bones. You have 4-6 figures per mold, so that's 4-6 new SETS of masks, and then by the time you've ordered the minimum quantities of all 6 models at 5x-10x the Bones cost for the same minimum run, yeah, the prices are nearly the same.  And then LE retail for ~3x more, so there's slightly more profit per mini (10% of $4 is more than 10% of $2) but we sell slightly fewer.  It's a crazy thing to analyze, and I'll admit that I've spent significant time analyzing these numbers in committee, I'm spending less and less energy looking at LE as we ramp up for a Bones 3 launch in 4 weeks.

Aaawwwee!!! It's nice to think that you guys put little masks on the minis so they don't inhale paint fumes while they are getting painted.

• Like 15

Anhurians!

Goblins!

Aren't goblins already in LE?  The first 29 Bones (all the pre-kickstarter ones) and LE overlap.  So basically the LE kickstarter is selecting which kickstarter Bones get Legendarized. 

If it's feasible to add the already existing LE in as levels (like Dungeon Attack from Bones I) that don't need new masks, I'd be happy to see it (and add it to my take).  Presumably that would work out for Reaper, too, as producing those levels won't have the mask costs Bryan mentioned - but I don't know how the numbers work out.

As for what becomes LE and my own wishlist, this time I'm not going to make one.  I'm going to let Reaper surprise me.  I'm confident whatever they put in will be worth it, and I'm looking forward to it.  It's more exciting for me, as well, because more people I know will be interested in it because they don't have to paint anything or carefully store the minis in serried ranks on shelves.  The convenience factor of LE counts for a lot in those circles.  Counts a lot for me, too, because that's the difference between 30 decently painted Bones orcs and 30 decently painted Bones orcs backed up by 200 of their pre-painted buddies. 

I have Terraclips enough to fill my home, now I need enough monsters to stock it.  And maybe someday, I'll even have a game to use it with.  :lol:

• Like 9

Ok, went and looked to see what LE's were in stock to support the line. Ordered at least one of everything in stock. I may get more of the rats, zombies, and orcs but saving those for another shipment.

20033: Giant Rats (3) $5.99 x2

20030: Vampire $4.99 x1

20026: Bugbear $4.99 x2

20019: Zombie $2.99 x2

20015: Minotaur of the Maze $6.29 x1

20007: Orc Warriors with Scimitars (3) $10.99 x2

Edited by nakos
  • Like 2

Aaawwwee!!! It's nice to think that you guys put little masks on the minis so they don't inhale paint fumes while they are getting painted.

I think perhaps I didn't explain that well enough...

Well, I know I'll be in on Bones3 and I'll be directing my brother to Legendary Encounters. If he thinks the WotC and Pathfinder pre-paints are "nice" his socks will be knocked off by Reaper's pre-paints! :devil:

So I just hope there's nice, useful mix of things. But yeah, The Anhurians occurred to me too. :lol:

• Like 6