Sign in to follow this  
Brother Jim

Unofficial Legendary Encounters figures you would like to see

My main concern is that the prepaints now compete against the D&D and Pathfinder figure lines. If I want a prepaint, I could go to the FLGS or OLGS and buy a prepainted figure, or gamble on a random booster.

One thought is to tailor LE towards boardgames or popular RPG modules because money. For example, with the 5th edition starter kit, a GM will want monsters that will be used in the module. Current prepaints are random, making such a task costly and difficult for the GM. Various boardgames with unpainted miniatures, or no miniatures at all, could use painted versions. Perhaps Reaper could work with other companies, much like they've done with Pathfinder and Savage Worlds in their Bones lines, even if it's just alternate card art to match a LE figure (eg. have the card art of a hero figure match the LE figure, but have the same stats as a hero that comes with the game). I'm sure boardgamers would be VERY interested in prepaints for the characters in the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. Personally, I'd like to see prepaints for investigators in Eldritch Horror and Elder Sign, although I doubt the molds exist. Maybe Reaper could work with Pathfinder or publish some OGLS modules that use LE figures.

Hopefully, Reaper's leaked the LE news on HeroScapers.com. This longtime forum is unusual in that, since HeroScape started with prepaints, they will make custom army cards for only prepainted miniatures. I wouldn't be surprised if they make custom army cards for the miniatures during the campaign as a way to generate interest during the LE campaign. 

How good are the prepaint paint jobs compared to existing prepaints? Now that I can actually paint, I dislike prepaints, such as Dungeon Command and my old D&D miniatures. Bases and terrain are easier to paint than miniatures, so please consider these as prepaints. I'd probably pick up a set of different bases to get a better idea for color schemes for my own bases.

Edited by ced1106

How good are the prepaint paint jobs compared to existing prepaints? Now that I can actually paint, I dislike prepaints, such as Dungeon Command and my old D&D miniatures. Bases and terrain are easier to paint than miniatures, so please consider these as prepaints. I'd probably pick up a set of different bases to get a better idea for color schemes for my own bases.

I prefer unpainted bones over wizkids prepainted. They are also much cheaper. The old D&D line had some decent miniatures, but they were all rare and expensive. So, I think there is a huge market for D&D and Pathfinder players: no more paying 10 dollars for a mind flayer!

• Like 3

The paint jobs on the Legendary Encounters line are actually pretty decent. Certainly good enough for table top use.

IMO of course.

• Like 7

The paint jobs on the Legendary Encounters line are actually pretty decent. Certainly good enough for table top use.

IMO of course.

I have some ordered and on the way to see firsthand, but the product pics I found on the web look half decent.  I could never tell if the LE in the online store were prototypes or the actual production run. 

The selection was small, so they do seem to sell pretty well.  I know more people interested in LE than Bones, they like to use minis but not paint. And they don't like blind collectable marketing gimmicks.  The inbound LE should allow me to demonstrate the product and see if I can kindle their enthusiasm. 

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 5

I'm really looking forward to the LE Kickstarter. I want to see classic monsters and heroes; things that are useful but maybe too boring to paint a lot of. The Orcs from Bones 1 spring to mind, as well as the Skeleton Troupe from Bones 2.

Would love more of the Kobolds (including the leaders). Also all the familiars. 

• Like 1

IMO of course.

I got my batch today and have to say they're surprisingly good.  Not quite as finessed as painting them yourself, but much better than I expected.  I'm not just definitely confirmed in on the LE kickstarter now, I plan to go atomic on it and handily dwarf my combined Bones 1&2 pledges.

• Like 8

Mooks. I need pre-painted Reaper mooks. Goblins, Kobolds, Bugbears, Anhurians, Townsfolk, Zombies, etc.

• Like 7

I prefer unpainted bones over wizkids prepainted. They are also much cheaper. The old D&D line had some decent miniatures, but they were all rare and expensive. So, I think there is a huge market for D&D and Pathfinder players: no more paying 10 dollars for a mind flayer!

I hate to say it, but some of the new pathfinder ones are not that bad. I had a temporary lapse of judgement the other day.

(Apparently my city just got our first FLGS!)

But they don't carry Reaper stuff, yet.

Oh My. The COSTS!

The people need affordable mindflayers and goblins. Goblins who don't all fight with sickles. Goblins who can wield much more likely brass, tin or copper weapons.

I seem to remember LE having a pretty sweet mindflayer / bathalian thing with a staff, in a store nearby I don't frequent. Didn't buy him though. Was too busy buying out the SB's full wall of Bones Fireballs, Fire Walls and Fire Elementals. Sorry greater Calgary area, That was me.

• Like 4

I am sure that there is a market for prepainted Pathfinder minis.... (I kid! I kid!)

I have not bought a single LE figure since Bones came out - the LE figures that I bought I always repainted. Bones was a wonderful change of direction.

That said... I recommend the pack mule from the yet-to-happen Bones 3.

The Auld Grump

• Like 1

Common figs like orcs, guards & such would be my vote for initial releases.

Really don't need PC figs. I think I'm in a large crowd that likes having a nicer figure for PCs like a metal or well painted Bones figures for those.

Hoping the paints are like what Paizo released when they released the 4 "starter" Iconics set a few years ago. The detail on the cleric is fantastic for a pre-paint. The quality of the Wizkids/Pathfinder line has varied since then thou to very nice to downright lazy.

• Like 2

I wonder if any of the Pathfinder mini's such as goblins, or mites, could be released in this?

Prolly not. Pretty sure WizKids has their PPM rights.
  • Like 1

That said... I recommend the pack mule from the yet-to-happen Bones 3.

The Auld Grump

I second this!

• Like 1

I wonder if any of the Pathfinder mini's such as goblins, or mites, could be released in this?

Prolly not. Pretty sure WizKids has their PPM rights.

Kinda what I was figuring