Sign in to follow this  
Jasonator

Mounted Nobel Oak Guard - TBM

While I am serious about painting this miniature (and am enjoying the challenge),

I am also using the WIP for a secondary purpose.  I was given a gift of a cellphone

that takes photos of an extremely better "pixelation" than my canon camera.  So as

I paint this miniature, I am learning to take photos at the same time. 

So that said...

Here are a few photos of the Mounted Noble Oak Guard.

at 25mm it can be vexing, so I decided that I would paint a white horse (of course),

and then use orange (gotta keep robinh happy), and I'm doing tough color combo's.

(Gotta make it fun).

Here are some photos:

post-12655-0-09242200-1434039967_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-72763400-1434039967_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-35301600-1434039968_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-98607900-1434039968_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 11

cell phone is definitly working.   I can see some lumpy paint on that horse :upside:

I am hoping the orange will exapnd into his upper body.. there is just not enough of it yet... :devil:   Say a bright orange plum on his helmet. ^_^

• Like 3

cell phone is definitly working.   I can see some lumpy paint on that horse :upside:

I am hoping the orange will exapnd into his upper body.. there is just not enough of it yet... :devil:   Say a bright orange plum on his helmet. ^_^

I should just send you a package that has a tub orange paint which explodes all over you when you open it, Robin.  ::P:  :devil:

• Like 3

Jay Makes mental. and physical note:  You give them a better photo, and they become art critics !!

Sheesh !

Since I am doing autumnal leaves, more than likely some orange leaves will show up on the oak sprig plume !

Gosh, I forgotten how small 25mm is..ROFL.

• Like 6

Looks great! Ya those photo turned out well. I'm excited to see your transitions!

That is the unfortunate side effect of clarity, in my opinion.

• Like 2

I should just send you a package that has a tub orange paint which explodes all over you when you open it, Robin.  ::P:  :devil:

If I am dressed for a SAR event I doubt I would be able to tell if I got hit by the paint....

Welllll...

Now that i think about it I suspect I would....Unless the paint was flourescent 10 mile orange it would just but dull spots on my search gear.... :grr:

• Like 3

I have to admit that the better quality photos show off and display my faults just as well..ROFL.

The nicest part is that if I do something right, I will see it.

Both the horse, and the rider have their eyes painted in on these.

Usually on the 25mm I just let it go...this time they both have brown eyes.

There are about nine coats of white on that horse, a dark, and a mid tone, no highlights yet.

• Like 3

Who made this exceptional mini?

This is another from Jay's favorite sculptor Tom Meirer and Thunderbolt Mountain. He also puts this in the tags at the top.  ::D:

• Like 3

This is another from Jay's favorite sculptor Tom Meirer and Thunderbolt Mountain. He also puts this in the tags at the top.  ::D:

Oh, I saw the "TBM," but didn't know what it stood-for. I often miss tags, it seems. I need to pay more attention to those.

Thanks!

• Like 3

Oh, I saw the "TBM," but didn't know what it stood-for. I often miss tags, it seems. I need to pay more attention to those.

Thanks!

No problem!  ^_^

Not everyone uses them either, so you are forgiven ... this time.  :devil:  ::P:

• Like 2