Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Figured I'd create a thread to show off the finished cars from my thread in the Sculpting sub forum.
Here's the Europa Magnus Hover Wagon:
Wasn't really sure how to do the glass area. I am happy with my color choices, but not sure about my highlighting.
Here's my delivery van:
I didn't even try to sand out the print layer lines, since these are supposed to be quick and dirty, yet practical pieces to practice painting techniques on.
By Darius Glenwell
I had ordered a bunch of the Christmas figures last week, and they arrived exceptionally fast. Which was awesome! However, the Christmas Knight model had a HUGE piece of flash on his left shoulder. Normally I'd just cut it off and go about painting. But it was the size of his shield, and attached firmly to his shoulder and left side of his face.
So I sent a message to the customer service guys with a photo of the figure, and in less than 24hrs, they responded that a new one would be sent out in a couple of days. Kudos folks! You all are still the best in the business! You're customer service is top notch. Love Reaper Minis, and will be looking forward to painting up these great Christmas figures. Especially Christmas Knight, and the animals. :D
All the Best, Happy Christmas and Merry New Year Reaper Folks!
Midwest Miniature Guy
Well, sort of. My husband went a-prowling for steampunk-themed minis for my birthday earlier this month and found these 15mm armored cars for the game "All Quiet on the Martian Front."
They are said to be based on Rolls Royce Spectres, circa. 1910-ish. While assembling them, the theme from "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" kept running through my head.
Oh yes, assembly. There were no instructions. Grr. What I had were three baggies, each containing the following pieces (originally the tyres were on sprues):
After a while I worked out that the chassis went over the running boards, but its wheel axles slipped under the mud guards and the rear box. This had to be done before the wheels were attached, but fortunately I had only tried to assemble one car to start and the epoxy was still soft.
Here are partly assembled cars:
After a dry fit, I decided that priming the inside of the car bodies black would save a lot of heartache later.
I did not glue down the turrets because I like being able to pose them. Hopefully this will not be too much of a nuisance to paint. And here they are:
I find the green paint job on the box cover utilitarian but uninspired. I think I may go down weirder paths.
Who's Online 16 Members, 1 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)