Randomness 6: The Thorax of the Beast

@MM- You go girl! I' m curious what kind of surgery he wanted to do if he thought the toxins had already been absorbed it to her system? That just makes no sense what's so ever. It's sad when a vet forgets they are supposed to be a pets avocate. It sad to think of how many people have fallen for his shenanigans. He deserves to have his license revoked.

Anywho, good morning reaperites how's everyone this fine bones 3 final day? I can't wait to see DSMiles reaction to the epic reveal today. :-)

• Like 5

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely cannot imagine why that vet wanted to do surgery. If I've not mentioned it before, I was a vet tech for 13 years. And jsyk, in that situation, the raisins were far more of a danger than the chocolate - grapes and especially raisins are extremely toxic to dogs. They actually have to eat a whole lot of chocolate for it to be a worry, or it has to be a concentrated kind like baker's chocolate. That's not to say that you shouldn't always consult your vet if your dog gets into chocolate, but generally the treatment is simply going to be to get them to throw it up to be on the safe side. My chihuahua has gotten into chocolate on multiple occasions, one time he ate an entire box of chocolates to the point that his belly was so full it was hard as a rock and he was looking at me like "I did a bad thing, mommy :down:." The big dummy.

All I can think is that he thought he was going to go in and cut open the intestines, which would be so much unnecessary risk, I definitely wouldn't go back there.

• Like 8

So this showed up in my facebook feed from a friend...

Friendship is manly...

[snip]

I.....I'm not sure how I ....I don't know what to say. 

@MM- You go girl! I' m curious what kind of surgery he wanted to do if he thought the toxins had already been absorbed it to her system? That just makes no sense what's so ever. It's sad when a vet forgets they are supposed to be a pets avocate. It sad to think of how many people have fallen for his shenanigans. He deserves to have his license revoked.

He approached it like he figured she'd die anyways but he could at least charge us a lot of money to kill her. Trust me, I asked him the exact same question. What's the point in surgery if he believed she digested it all already. My logic won over in the end and he's my sworn enemy.  It upsets me because I've been that upset and distraught parent/pet owner that wanted to do whatever is possible to help and save my pet. Instead, that dog, Sadie, was overdosed on the heartworm treatment they said she needed at the other vets place. I know that after that we paid and did everything we could to make her better and they never once told us that she was dying and her kidneys were failing. Instead they gave her more pills, more shots, more muzzles, more cages and etc. We didn't even find out that they overdosed her until we went to the new vet and they asked about it, causing me to go hunting. The vet herself was just like "you need to sue someone, for all the things." 

It's funny because we had a nighttime visit some months ago where Diva needed the stitches in her ear fixed. (She had a small tumor removed, it was benign) My mother refused to let the guy do it so Dr. Gerswhin had to come in and apparently it's common for people to complain and ask specifically for her. 

I absolutely cannot imagine why that vet wanted to do surgery. If I've not mentioned it before, I was a vet tech for 13 years. And jsyk, in that situation, the raisins were far more of a danger than the chocolate - grapes and especially raisins are extremely toxic to dogs. They actually have to eat a whole lot of chocolate for it to be a worry, or it has to be a concentrated kind like baker's chocolate. That's not to say that you shouldn't always consult your vet if your dog gets into chocolate, but generally the treatment is simply going to be to get them to throw it up to be on the safe side. My chihuahua has gotten into chocolate on multiple occasions, one time he ate an entire box of chocolates to the point that his belly was so full it was hard as a rock and he was looking at me like "I did a bad thing, mommy  :down:." The big dummy.

All I can think is that he thought he was going to go in and cut open the intestines, which would be so much unnecessary risk, I definitely wouldn't go back there.

We go back during the day to our normal doctor, just not to him. He's the 24 hour emergency doctor so he typically works the night shift. From what I've heard of his late night vet stories, he puts a lot of animals down and puts them through unnecessary trials of potential death. 

I was most worried about the raisins too. Chocolates one thing, but raisins and chocoalte. >_<

She has the choco-hollic thing honest though. I freaking love chocolate too. 

Edited by MissMelons
  • Like 6

~~Random Occurrence~~

While playing Diablo 3, after making it through Nephalem Rift Lvl 24 I decided to upgrade one of my Legendary Gems. I had a 90% chance to upgrade it. Failed ALL three attempts.

The RNG hasn't received enough tribute, I suppose.

:rolleyes:

Ma'aldrakar is only $60... I'm in.

• Like 8

And speaking of fat boys and cake . . . I had two pieces of cake, last night. Probably part of the reason I feel so bad, today.

That and the 200 carbs of booze.

But who's counting!

Restarting today shouldn't be that bad, but, man, could I have used some bread at breakfast.

Though not cake. x_x

• Like 2

Hmmm...I just had a thread I started get nuked. It wasn't objectionable; actually it was more of a 'Reaper is cool' thread.

Anyway, what is the usual procedure for this? Do you get a PM from a mod as to why it was canned? I can't find evidence of it having been moved/merged anywhere else; should I ask what's up or just let sleeping Reapers lie?

/confused

• Like 2

Hmmm...I just had a thread I started get nuked. It wasn't objectionable; actually it was more of a 'Reaper is cool' thread.

Anyway, what is the usual procedure for this? Do you get a PM from a mod as to why it was canned? I can't find evidence of it having been moved/merged anywhere else; should I ask what's up or just let sleeping Reapers lie?

/confused

Ask Ladystorm. I know she was in here earlier, and given things at the factory at this red hot moment, I KNOW there's got to be mods online.

• Like 5