Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

GLITTERWOLF Paints Tuma Windrider Legendarion Bust

It occurs to me I never answered your question. I saw the full Tuma work in progress on the bookface page.

I have some spots I need to get primer on mine. The problem with this fella, all those braids. And deep undercuts. I had a feeling I didn't get every bit of him covered. Under the braids, arms, in between his armor.

• Like 2

It occurs to me I never answered your question. I saw the full Tuma work in progress on the bookface page.

I have some spots I need to get primer on mine. The problem with this fella, all those braids. And deep undercuts. I had a feeling I didn't get every bit of him covered. Under the braids, arms, in between his armor.

Thx, I don't have the bookface, but I can check..

Ooohhh maybe he will do the Hyena too in full? I really love that monster.

Yeah, these guys are full of detail, not all is easy access though.

But a great challenge..

I just have to restrain myself to turn him into Clarence from Daktari ( yeah, I'm old :unsure: )

• Like 2

Oh lol, I have to admit I had to look that one up. Cross eyed Tuma, rofl

A recurring part of that show was that a "bad guy" like a poacher... looked into Clarence eyes. Then you got a close up of those crossed eyes and the culprit was supposd to be confused then.

I was a kid watching this and always laughed out loud at the sight of those eyes.

Not to mention..that my father then used to mimick that..

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 2

Tuma knew something was wrong,every village he entered, inhabitants were giving him hostile glares.

As if they've met him before and he done something foul...

Earlier he was accused of skinning someones Pet Giraffe for his shield.

Luckily he could show that his shield wasn't made of Giraffe Hide.

Could it be that there was an imposter about? Maybe even more then one??

Here is the one and only Tuma Windrider. Imposters Beware !!!! ( you know who you are...not naming names Tiniest Rhombus and Fishnjeeps ::P: )

I used Scale 75 White Sands Mixed with Iroko and a bit of Mars Orange as the basecoat.

For the Snouth, Eyes, Tattoos and scars I based them in Reaper MSP Blackened Brown Mixed with Bloodstain Red ( yep similar to the Hyena)

Suggestions and Praises most welcome.

post-13975-0-04115100-1435412646_thumb.jpg

post-13975-0-40430500-1435412660_thumb.jpg

post-13975-0-42888300-1435412671_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Mixed Scale 75 Indian Shadow with Reaper MSP Blackened Brown ( oooh I love that brown)..

post-13975-0-29634200-1435416118_thumb.jpg

post-13975-0-76556100-1435416130_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Tuma knew something was wrong,every village he entered, inhabitants were giving him hostile glares.

Here is the one and only Tuma Windrider. Imposters Beware !!!! ( you know who you are...not naming names Tiniest Rhombus and Fishnjeeps ::P: )

Imposter you say?  <_<

Lookin good! :ik_oops:

• Like 2

Imposter you say?  <_<

Lookin good! :ik_oops:

Imposter! Hrm. Believe what you will. We know the truth.

Looking good. I like blackened brown...I don't have blackend brown. :-(

LOL...just stirring things up a bit..

Maybe they are ALL Tuma, but from different dimensions?

Wouldn't that be a nice story?

Anyway, I love what you two are doing with him, I hope I can turn mine into a good one.

He suffered some little damage, had to cut and sculpt some.

Also on his leather armor, the primer flaked a little.

I decided to use it to my advantage and I will make it so that the armor is damaged.

• Like 3

Nice, I've actually made more progress on mine, I've just been too busy to post anything. I may get some time this weekend to do more then I'll really have something to show.

• Like 3

Now since others are painting his shield either as Zebra or Giraffe, I felt to do something else too.

So I choose Bongo. One of Tuma's favorite foods.

I mixed some Reaper MSP Intense Brown with Scale 75 Kalahari Orange for the base of the hide.

post-13975-0-05583800-1436088628_thumb.jpg

post-13975-0-57572700-1436088757_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

So went over the basic hide mix adding a little bit more of the Scale 75 Mars Orange.

And picked out the scarification tattoos ( you're right Tiny I think that's the best description for these too) with more Reaper Bloodstain Red in the mix.

Just a slight change so far,

post-13975-0-91975000-1436091914_thumb.jpg

post-13975-0-91539600-1436092004_thumb.jpg

post-13975-0-79352700-1436092130_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Did the Bongo Shield with Scale 75 Chestnut Ink and the Stripes with Reaper MSP Linnen White.

It's getting hot so I'll have to stop, just a quick go at Ky-Ra now and then I'll wrap it up for today.

post-13975-0-89427500-1436096623_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Ooooooooo bongo is awesome! Love that.

It's interesting how we keep choosing similar colors without using any of the same colors. We have good taste. ;-)

Good to see you had some time to paint today.

• Like 2