Sign in to follow this  
sirgourls

Gourls Paints Elementals! 77311, 77082

Thanks everyone! I had a lot of fun painting these guys. I need to pick up more monsters. They seem less intensive to paint. Less little fiddly bits at least than the PC-ish minis. Not that I dislike painting those ones, but it's nice to not have to worry about them now and then.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rahz
      So I am currently running my group (we've been playing since the Red Box or 2nd depending on the players and have dabbled through multiple other RP systems over the years) through a mixed campaign of the Lost Mine of Phandelver and Out of the Abyss (Players were contacted to help find the lost Mine and were kidnapped by the red cape-wearing bandits while in town who turned out to be working for the Drow and they end up in the Underdark in Out of the Abyss.  They are almost out of the Underdark which should lead them back to resolve the Phandelver mess before they get the summons to return to the Dark).  

This is my group's second foray into 5e with our first being a painful run through Hoard of the Dragon Queen (we forced the one guy who has never DMed to DM and got what I expected) and when I read the powers/abilities for most monsters I find them boring/flat.  Even elementals and non-humanoid creatures slam, bash, poke, bite once, maybe twice a turn and then sit there.  Greater deamons and other powerful beings do pretty much the same with huge hit point numbers.  Very few have reactive or AoE abilities, or "meta" abilities that control the battlefield, move the PCs...  I've picked up a number of other collections of beasties (Tome of Beasts, Monster Manual Expanded vol I & II, Creature Codex), some of which offer some very cool ideas for fluff, but the abilities still, for the most part, fall under the "I move and then hit you 1 or 2 times.   I reskin things all the time and ad-lib a fair bit during my sessions and try to flavour up the descriptions of whatever the creatures/enemies are doing to my poor PCs, but even then, having a tested base makes it easier to go off-script when I know the numbers and math underneath is sound.  So far adding additional creature types, often using the old 4th minion rules has helped, but not every encounter should consist of a battalion of foes.  

I'm just wondering if I'm missing something... 
    • By Inarah
      Couple of baddies from the Demons & Devils "core set extras" in the last KS.  Tried to get them to hold still, but they just did NOT want to be photographed. 

• By JoeGKushner
      Anyone here backing this one? I missed the first one, of Feyland, but there's a level where you can get both books. I don't have a ton of physical 3rd party 5e stuff so I'm down for it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1875657065/monsters-of-the-underworld-for-5th-edition

Brave the darkness and discover Monsters of the Underworld! You'll find unusual monsters and entire societies in this strange land. You don't just have to watch your back, you have to watch out above and below as well!
      Guiding you through this dangerous world is Desmond Hawkeye, an experienced monster hunter. He'll lead you to the new monsters and remind you that we can be heroes. 
    • By Paymaster Games
      The New Offering from Paymaster Games and their Going Native line. Going Native: From out of the Mists is a model centered campaign that will cover different heroes, warriors, monsters and gods of the New World.

Here is the link to the KS Page -  

• By pcktlnt
      Monstro, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/minibossstudios/monstro

Don't know anything about this. I see a lot of renders at the moment. But cute chibi monsters. ^.^
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 58 Guests (See full list)