Sign in to follow this  
Kangaroorex

Impact miniatures ponies

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kangaroorex
      Well, I did it.  this is the last of the Elmore dragons that Darksword Miniatures makes.  This miniature is based on a pencil sketch by Larry Elmore and is one of the tallest freestanding dragons I have in my collection.  He is also one of my favorite miniatures.  from the huge wingspan to the quirky happy/puzzled expression on his face, this dragon is just amazing.  He has also been sitting in his box waiting patiently for years because for years I thought he was a brown dragon which made him what I considered a real challenge to paint well.

Some reading and thought later and he has found his stride as a bronze dragon.  It was also an excuse to break out some of my new color change paints on his wings to see what they look like over a broad expanse.  The answer, as you will see below is amazing to look at, very difficult to capture in pictures.  So anyway I thought I would let everyone see him.  I hope you like what you see!

Here he is from the front with the color effect from the color change paints in the down position

and here he is again with the color change in the up position.  the color flare is really pretty amazing in real life but I just cant seem to capture it well.

• By Kangaroorex
      At this point I really don't need an excuse to paint another dragon but I like to have an evil spell caster for each campaign I run,  you know, just in case.  So Alendrax, a young adult red dragon mage came to be.  he specializes in enchantment and illusion (lets face it, evocation is sort of overkill for a dragon) and likes to play with his food commanding them to hand over all their possessions, kill or torture those they care for and bring him goodies before eating them when he tires of the game.  He also entraps scribes to enchant his spells directly on his wings rather than risking having his prized spells stolen from him.

Having been ousted from his previous home by a bigger silver dragon for being a "deranged sociopath" he escaped with only his wings and his life.  Now he has settled near our hero's stomping grounds to wreak havoc and chaos as he rebuilds his power to displace  Jerseranoth (Joe, the barkeep at the Red Dragon Inn in Port Shaw) and maybe find some spells that will work against that usurper!

Anyway Alendrax is one of the first Elmore dragons I ever picked up but I just never got around to painting him.  he was actually a pretty fun paint with just enough detail to let me have some fun but not so much that I felt the need to spend agonizing amounts of effort on every scale.  I hope you enjoy him!

• By EvilJames
      Malak breathed the cold air and smiled. This day had been long coming. The journey to the Frozen City had been difficult, wizards of his like had difficulty procuring supplies in the so called civilized lands, even in the rough towns near Felstad. Still, goblins could adapt to any situation and this one was no different. The eclectic band he had managed to scrape together stood with him now on the outskirts of the ancient ruin, ready to stake their claim at the riches that lie within. His first in command was his apprentice Grubb a Weiben goblin from the Reaping lands to the south.
      After him was Murdo an infantrygoblin of the Heartstabber tribe of Impact Crater in the Oldhammer Mountains, and a likely candidate for leadership over the rest should it be required.

Polg and Mog were Manorheim goblins from just north of the Reaping lands and reasonably useful with a bow and axe, respectively.

Gik and Moosh were from a nearby Bighead tribe. While both were foolish creatures, Gik was good with his bow and Moosh was quick with his feet and his dagger.

They were also good with animals. Fearful and mistrusting of dogs they had brought with them giant rat creature they had tamed and named Squeaker.

His final member was a brute of a goblin named Malg from the Thunderbolt Mountains.

Louts and fool’s the lot of them, but competence cost gold, and that was coming soon. Besides if they die, at least he'll be able to buy better help on the next excursion.

Unfortunately, Murdo had been less competent than hoped, dying shortly after impaling the "mouse wizard" on his spear. The Manorhiem goblins suggested calling in a trap expert from their village by the name of Grinner. Hopefully this one will prove more useful.

• By Glitterwolf
      Today I got a gift from @Kangaroorex aside from chocolates and a Ral Partha Asian Dragon and Ki'rinn, this awesome painted Dragon was in it!

I don't know what brand he is, but he looks great with those lightning wings!
      He's now in my display cabinet, reminding me about the wonderful people on this forum!
      Thanks Kangaroorex!

• By Kangaroorex
      yet another dragon.  this one is an old piece i had most of and decided to go with what i had rather than trying to find the basket.  A fun little piece that I tried to do up as a sky dragon.  My first attempt at a starscape on the back of the wings to give them some interest.  Hope everyone enjoys!

• Who's Online   26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)