even more greens!

Lady Tam

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MAN! Am Iever impressed with Reapers dwarf-esses! I never saw a dwarf I actually liked (allthough I seem to be one of the rare folks who thought the WotC metals were cool!) but the Warlord Dwarfs are absolutely stunning! I never intended to start a dwarf army, but I've discovered that I have nearly 10 painted (WotC) and a schwak of Warlord dwarf-esess to paint yet. Will definitely be adding Freya and Dain to the host!

I am constantly amazed at Werner's sculpts too, and am very glad that Reaper is using him on a majority of their stuff. Crisp detail, cool concepts, and proportioned weapons (I cannot express how important this last one is to me!). Good stuff! I would like to see more dynamic poses though... it seems that alot of minis lately seem to be sort of just "standing there" all non-chalant and such. I much prefer the action poses.

Maybe February is an unofficial "Female Warlord" month at Reaper?

Elven Archer & Freya Fangbreaker - Tie for most must-have in my book.

Freya would have taken the Elven Archer easily, but I just started playing a new character in the sandbox that I could use the EA to represent.

After that, Dain - I too am someone who never purchased dwarves before Reaper Dwarves came along. How is it that y'all just do it so much better than anyone else??

After that...all of them. I just need every fig you posted in a green today. Amazing. How do y'all do it?? And I'm someone who usually prefers monsters to N/PC types - but with scribes, unique familiars, dwarves I can finally get enthusiastic about, a better mix of kick-but women that DON'T hang out of their (sometimes non-existant) clothes...Reaper you just make the minis that fill the holes in every other fantasy line.

EXCEPT - have you seen the rounded but athletic axe-wielding woman warrior from hassle-free??

Please, please, please can we have more women that aren't skinny but aren't done up as disgustingly fat? We get pot-bellied guy adventurers (usually clerics, but sometimes other classes too). Hassle free is great, don't get me wrong, but why is it that there's only one very small mini company in all the WWW that makes heroic women minis that aren't anorexic?

Please - follow HassleFree's lead. We don't need a ton, but 4-5 out of a line of hundreds isn't that much is it?

And as much as I love the new greens - we need more womanly sculpts that have short hair! For really butch women, I just use a heavily armored sculpt (who can tell what shape a body is in there) but I want the option of using a mini that's less armored for women heroes (or villains) that are practical enough to cut their hair so as not to blind themselves in a fight!

It takes talent to sculpt long, flowing, lifelike hair. Don't get me wrong! But Talin and the sculptors have proven their talent. They gots nothin' lef' to prove; so now just give me my variety!!

Neet-O. They are all great, I especialy like the female necromancer and the Elf archer and the scribe and the lady with the spiked chain and the and the and the...... their all cool. AAAAHHHHHHHH can't decide which ones I want........ Yes I know if I get them all Ill only have to go without food for (carry the 4....add the 7) 12 days. No wait this is reaper I can eat and get minis, YES I don't have to starve. :wub:

WOW!!! Several must haves in this batch! The scribe is almost perfect (needs glasses) but exactly what I was looing for. Plus the archer, the spiked chain lady, an awsome duo of dwarves, plus a scary necromancer to boot!. The worst part is the long wait until they arrive, in the meanwhile, it's about time to find a second job.

PS-Speaking of waiting, is there a release date for the medusa from the 8/27/03 batch of greens?

That fighter with the spiked chain is a thing of beauty! Puts Piotr to shame, IMO. The Warlord figs, per usual, are top notch, and I can't wait to get me grubby mits on em! In fact, I like all of the new greens (like I did the previous greens post). I can't wait till they come out! ::D:

The female scribe has glasses; that's what she's adjusting on top of her head. A nice touch by Talin.

By gosh your right! Went back to look and there they are! Cool. Now if we could get a male magic user with his glasses on his face........Youngish looking, odd assortment of robes, you know my speel by now. ::D:

Lady Tam

Out of curiosity, are we going to get any wallpapers based on teh concept art for these?

Yes I would too! All I can say about the new greens is - WOW. :wub: Reaper will definitely get by money on these. These should be out around the summer right? <stops to ponder> I have a b-day coming up in the summer... :;):

The female scribe has glasses; that's what she's adjusting on top of her head.  A nice touch by Talin.

The details on a number of these greens are amazing.

1. The glasses as mentioned here.

2. The throwing axe strapped to the inside of Freya's shield -- awesome.

3. Dain's axe and shield -- mind-blowing sculpting -- stellar detailing.

4. The necromancer's very narrow face -- nigh unto skull-like or else just alien -- very apropos -- very nice. (Compare with the archer or others for contrast...)

5. The binding onthe scribe's book in hand.

6. The scribe's key ring(!)

7. The scribe's hair in a bun -- Oh, I love that librarian stereo-type... Meow!

Plenty of other examples, I'm sure. Too many to list. These is one super batch of minis. Well done, everyone. I'm putting aside my nickels right now!

-Whiz -- very chuffed about Freya, in particular... ::D: