Actually I believe I'm doing PFS on Friday night so if Friday it would have to be after that. I'm also free at varying points during the day.

Need a mustering buddy for the special? ::D:

Possibly? I've never done PFS at Gencon before. This will really only be like my fourth or fifth game. I'll be using a 1st level character. (my other character I only play when my wife plays) What's a mustering buddy?

Edited by EvilJames

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife will be there working at the PNT and teaching classes, but I have not yet decided if I am going. If I did, it would be incognito, no Reaper iconography on my clothes, as an attendee.  I'd be happy to meet up if I do go, though.

Bryan, given how well known you are you would have to go in cosplay or a V for vendetta mask to be incognito!

I shall be there and would love to see more of the reaper board crew there.

But I would love to see any of you. I shall be at Pathfinder PFS h

hQ most of the weekend.

Oooohh it would be fun playing with all of you... Maybe we should coordinate a time?

That could be a lot of fun.

I have nothing planned for Sunday, if you want to play a game then. I am also looking for a table team for Thursday and Friday nights.

Actually I believe I'm doing PFS on Friday night so if Friday it would have to be after that. I'm also free at varying points during the day.

Need a mustering buddy for the special? ::D:

Possibly? I've never done PFS at Gencon before. This will really only be like my fourth or fifth game. I'll be using a 1st level character. (my other character I only play when my wife plays) What's a mustering buddy?

Mustering at Gencon is kind of a zoo.

Everybody gathers outside the main Paizo hall in a big mob. They post different games at each door ("Gate"), so people who are playing similar scenarios can gather in the same general area.

It is then mostly up to the players to assemble into 6 person groups for each table, which leads to a lot of random on-the-fly match making. The specials are even more hectic, because they want everybody to muster before the doors open 15 minutes before the event, and everybody is trying to group up for the same thing.

(You see groups of 2-5 people wandering around looking for people in their level range to group up.) 

Once you assemble 6 people that have characters falling inside a single level range (1-2, 3-4, et.c), the Paizo staff will take your group inside and seat you. After that, you are ready to roll.

This year, I am concerned about my own ability to muster, because I do not know that I can be at the doors early to put together a group, and I don't have 5 people lined up to go in with me on the spot.

If anyone will be there early and is interested. I was thinking of bringing some paints and minis and painting in the upstairs serpentine lounge on Wednesday night. (or possibly at a table by the other escalators if there isn't a good space int the serpentine lounge).

• Like 2

My husband and I will be playing PFS on Friday at 1PM and Saturday at 8AM. If Reaper people would like to play PFS with us I suggest those times. We don't care what games we play and picked two are random. 

Friday 1PM - The Confirmation in Normal Mode*: https://www.gencon.com/events/74696

-  It is an adventure for 1-2nd level characters.

Saturday 8AM - From Under the Ice in Core Mode: https://www.gencon.com/events/74796

- An adventure for levels 1-5.

*Normal Mode allows all characters to be created from all of the books, as opposed to CORE which only allows stuff from the core rulebook. 

Both are currently sold out, but as mustering last year showed us, that doesn't mean we can't get a team of people together for them. You just show up with your tickets, and form a team and they seat people at tables. Generally they have enough extra judges to run people in adventures where everyone didn't have pre-reg tickets for it. But if any of the harder core Pathfinder Society (PFS) people around here are already playing in that slot and want to play with us, we don't mind doing either of them. My husband and I will play pregens if needed.

(tl;dr people show up, form a group, decide what module they want to run in, doesn't matter if you don't have tickets for the event) 

So who would like to play together in a PFS game with us?

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 1

Oh also I will be in the Dark Sword speed paint (body willing) Friday at Noon. Stop by before hand and say hi, or during to Heckle me!

And Marysa, do you have any speed paints scheduled? I would of course love to hang out with you for longer than then the 5 minutes before the next speed paint begins. :)

• Like 4

I have a D&D Adventurer's League game scheduled for Thursday morning.

I will be playing PFS Thursday night and (possibly) Friday night. Right now, I have a hero system game scheduled for Saturday morning, but I might be persuaded to switch over to PFS, if we are putting together a group.

Would anybody be interested in joining the PFS event Thursday evening?

I have nothing at all scheduled for Sunday, if anybody wants to get in a game, or get lunch. (I am strongly in favor of Reaper lunch some place in downtown Indy!)

I also sent a PM to Thes to let her coordinate things. :upside:

If anyone will be there early and is interested. I was thinking of bringing some paints and minis and painting in the upstairs serpentine lounge on Wednesday night. (or possibly at a table by the other escalators if there isn't a good space int the serpentine lounge).

Actually, I will be in town days early. I would be happy to join in.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 2

I'll be here, although I don't believe I've met any of you face to face. I'm signed up for one of the speed paint sessions, on Saturday at 5:00, for miniatures from the Malifaux people. I don't play Malifaux, but it was the only speeed paint open that would fit the rest of my schedule when I registered. ::): So I shall hope that being true to the game background isn't a judging citerion...

• Like 1