Yeah, that guy is way cute.  :)  I think it's that way he's got his head cocked up and slightly to one side that makes him look so endearing.  Of course, that might vary depending upon Bones plastic warpage (or lack thereof).

If I were going to paint one up as a classic basilisk, I think I'd probably have to use some putty to give him big staring pupil-less saucer eyes to max out the creepy factor.  That said, I love the look of this one.  :)

• Like 2

Yeah, that guy is way cute.  :)  I think it's that way he's got his head cocked up and slightly to one side that makes him look so endearing.

...or it could be that winsome smile. Be that as it may, it's the warm brown scales & the baby blues that make the mini for moi. VERY WELL DONE!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tolex Cat
      For a recent D&D session, the DM said he needed skellies so I knocked these out in about 90 mins.

I did go back after the session and fixed a little highlighting but all in all I was pretty happy with how they turned out for a quick paint up. Since bones absorb colors from the minerals around them, I wanted to go less bleached and more unhallowed, greasy, dirty look. So I stuck to the darker bone colors and used the sepia wash. I must have a thing for owlbears since I enjoy painting them and really loved the skeleton. 
    • By Sanael
      A friend with a 3D printer made this for me. I spent about an hour painting it, and it's now an NPC in my Eberron campaign.

Painting was odd because it's not a very clean print, there are lots of little fibers and print lines on it which obscure detail. I painted very quickly with a lot of wet in wet blending. I'm quite happy with the result given the amount of time it took and the nice-at-arm's-length blending.

My friend is continuing to work with the printer, so eventually he's going to print this up again at a higher quality.

The design is on Thingiverse if you like it.
    • By Inarah
      Did a little painting today to calm my nerves before the con.  Experimented with several brands of metallic paint.  Photos are not great, but you get the idea. 

• By Evilhalfling
      I am running a D&D Noble Gala for my Elder Spawns game. 
      Once the party gets rolling the dinosaurs are going to show up. 

These are speedpainted - but as a group, less than 5 hours total. 
      they are color-coded with the eyes matching the colors on base. 

• By JudgeSamson
      Here's the creepiest mini I own, and my wife's least favorite!  

• Who's Online   7 Members, 3 Anonymous, 205 Guests (See full list)