Tiniest paints a Lion Man: Tuma Windrunner

Oh This is just Incredible.

If I weren't such a freak on smaller mini's I'd be all over these.

Beautiful work, and I love how you are going through all the stages of his development,

exploring new combinations, and making a true masterpiece.

This is a beautiful and incredible miniature !

Bravo !

I think you should join us with the 54mm+ challenge!

• Like 3

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful work, and I love how you are going through all the stages of his development,

Bravo !

Once I am comfortable with my brush skills, and my painting skills, insight, and vision with these little buggers;

then I will be more than happy to wrestle with one of these busts.  They are magnificent beauties.

Right now, I fear that I need to plod along the path to competence before I attempt such grandeur !

It sure is Tempting !

:zombie:

• Like 4

Not just busts, but figs that are 54mm or bigger. 54mm might be something you'd enjoy before going even bigger with a beautiful bust like this one here.

You never know, you could get hooked like Mel and Herman and like painting bigger figures!

• Like 3

Bravo !

Once I am comfortable with my brush skills, and my painting skills, insight, and vision with these little buggers;

then I will be more than happy to wrestle with one of these busts.  They are magnificent beauties.

Right now, I fear that I need to plod along the path to competence before I attempt such grandeur !

It sure is Tempting !

:zombie:

Jay, thank you so much that means a lot to me! Everyone's encouragement and advice does!

Never sell yourself short. When the 54mm challenge came up I never thought I'd do something on this scale. Then I saw this dude and thought. I like that dude. I want to paint it. So I ordered it and I'm painting it. I love seeing your progress with the 25-28 mm minis. That scale has its own challenges just like the larger scales do. If I've learned anything from painting this guy, it is big or small, you use the same techniques. So if feeling like your 'not good enough' is what holding you back. Stop it. Your good enough. :-)

And after further inspection...his sash like thing is most definitely helping that shield stay on. Still gonna paint it blue tho.

• Like 4

Not just busts, but figs that are 54mm or bigger. 54mm might be something you'd enjoy before going even bigger with a beautiful bust like this one here.

You never know, you could get hooked like Mel and Herman and like painting bigger figures!

QFT

Boy is it a good time.

AGREE...happy times

• Like 1

M'k been working on his armor these last few days. I think I'm about there. I still need to do the straps and finish the...aaaa. Doohickeys riveted onto the armor. Colors used. Dark skin, dark skin shadow,palomino gold, black ink, sepia ink. Oh and I also went over his mane with some sepia ink, I still need to go back in with midtones and highlights. Comments and suggestions/advice always welcome. Thanks for looking!

post-13108-0-48023400-1437091757_thumb.jpgpost-13108-0-26509300-1437091811_thumb.jpgpost-13108-0-28156900-1437091842_thumb.jpgpost-13108-0-50472600-1437091891_thumb.jpg

• Like 13