Tiniest paints a Lion Man: Tuma Windrunner

My biggest bust is this:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/65336-solarwind-countess-karnstein-bust-by-xherman1964/?hl=karnstein

Of course I need to find the courage to paint the Countess.

Holy Stuffs! Again, it's hard to tell true size in a pic. I had no clue she was that big!  

It's hard to say what's more daunting: having to paint so much area on a large figure, or needing to carefully apply paint to all the little details on a small mini.

They both have their set of challenges.
  • Like 5

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I knocked him off the table...his shield came off. My husband picked him up...dropped him...broke off hair and bone. I can't stop crying.

Easy girl..I broke off the feather and when taking of the bit of sprue I laid him flat, put too much pressure on him and damaged some parts of his hair and his rope shoulderpad.

superglue will work on this. A bit of greenstuff smoothing things out, then paint.

You can save him!

• Like 2

I knocked him off the table...his shield came off. My husband picked him up...dropped him...broke off hair and bone. I can't stop crying.

:ik_oops: 

:down:

I'm sure you'll be able to fix him.

Easy girl..I broke off the feather and when taking of the bit of sprue I laid him flat, put too much pressure on him and damaged some parts of his hair and his rope shoulderpad.

superglue will work on this. A bit of greenstuff smoothing things out, then paint.

You can save him!

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys.

Missing a bit of his strap on the front and back. But I will smooth them and touch up with paint. At least we found all of the parts I had to have. The hair and bone.

So wanted to finish him today. :down:

• Like 2

I feel so bad for you. I've had this happen and sometimes the cats....happen. Its always heartbreaking. I'm sure you'll be able to salvage him! Hang in there, you've got this!

• Like 3

Adding to the Pride. This fella, I love this fella.

Here he is in all his primed glory. Priming him took over an hour, may have been two. Idk, lost track of Time.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Reference photos

chose this one

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

His shield will be painted like giraffe pelt

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Pretty beads

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

If I go insane trying to paint this dude...I blame Ub3r.

Just blame him anyways.... I do!! 

• Like 2

Adding to the Pride. This fella, I love this fella.

Here he is in all his primed glory. Priming him took over an hour, may have been two. Idk, lost track of Time.attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Reference photos

chose this oneattachicon.gifimage.jpg

His shield will be painted like giraffe peltattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Pretty beadsattachicon.gifimage.jpg

If I go insane trying to paint this dude...I blame Ub3r.

Just blame him anyways.... I do!!

We all do, Llamaroo. We all do.

Sorry to hear about the mishaps, you can fix it and he'll look awesome!

Thanks for believing in me. :-D it'll be okay... At least thats what I keep telling myself. For today, he's back in the cabinet. After I make a cake and dinner, Ima work on cyclops instead today. Your asking about the base got me jonesing to work it.
  • Like 4

Sorry to hear about the disaster.

I have faith that you will fix him!

If you are worried about the size of the busts, what are you going to do when Ma'al Drakar shows up?

Grex Genesis XS is the airbrush that I use.

PM me when you are ready to shop for an airbrush and I will bend your ears with my experiences. .

George

• Like 3

Sorry to hear about the disaster.

I have faith that you will fix him!

If you are worried about the size of the busts, what are you going to do when Ma'al Drakar shows up?

Grex Genesis XS is the airbrush that I use.

PM me when you are ready to shop for an airbrush and I will bend your ears with my experiences. .

George

The worry is long past. :-) a little nerve wrecking to start but once I got going, I found I really enjoyed painting a guy this big. Uber and I were just discussing airbrushing the other day. I will most definitely want one when ol' 5 head arrives. I will most definetly bend your ear about it when the time comes.   

Oh no! :ik_oops:

Don't worry, you got mad skillz. This way you can show off your repairs/conversion/sculpting/"ha HA! You were not aware that this figure had been broken, did you?". This way you get even more of a conversation piece out of it. Tiniest Rhombus for the win!

Awe, how can I be sad with cheerleaders like you all? Thanks so much for your kind words.
  • Like 2