Tiniest paints a Lion Man: Tuma Windrunner

Worked on his hair some. I'm going to call that done for now. I'll probably revisit it when I go to do his ribbon and beads. Fur on face done, fur on body done. Scarification base coated in 1:1 burgundy wine and dark skin shadow (the more I looked at it, the more his tattoos looked like scarification) whatever they are they are base coated. That concoction was also put into his face scars. I'll go ahead and seal everything done so far with brush on sealer to protect it while I work on the rest. Heres some pictures. As always comment, suggestions very much appreciated.

post-13108-0-31774500-1435970305_thumb.jpgpost-13108-0-43979600-1435970342_thumb.jpgpost-13108-0-94241000-1435970367_thumb.jpgpost-13108-0-03457100-1435970390_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Paul! I'm amazed every time I sit down to work on him, it just feels like I'm doing the right things with him. Usually, I worry and worry. I never would have thought working on something so big would be this relaxing. :-)

And thank you for being so supportive and for the great advice!

• Like 3

I am loving the fur on the face and the face overall.   Based on my monitor I think the Hair could use a bit more highlights though.   I am not seeing any point that is an actual highlight in comparison with the overall general tone of the hair.   It could be my monitor and not the mini though.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback Robin and Doug!

Robin, idk if your monitor or not but maybe a black and white pic would help. i need to go back over the body fur in spots to up the highlighting. The face I'm pretty pleased with over all, I can always go back over it if need be. Some of it is my crappy picture taking ability as well. In hand the mane has more variation. But I feel could use some work. My intention with this guy is to work on pushing the highlights and shadow. Cause I suck at it. :-) so please keep the feedback coming!

post-13108-0-57420100-1436067474_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Wow, rhombus, this is looking really great. I definitely agree that scarification makes more sense than tattoos--how would tattooing fur even work? I was also thinking the mane needs some more highlights, and maybe even a bit deeper shadows between the braids. Hair tends to be reflective, so I'd suggest going all the way up to white in very small highlights. The face however is just about perfect; wouldn't change a thing there, once you do the scars.

4e8641776af88f232af660e733c6f71f.jpg

• Like 1

Robin, idk if your monitor or not but maybe a black and white pic would help. i need to go back over the body fur in spots to up the highlighting. The face I'm pretty pleased with over all, I can always go back over it if need be. Some of it is my crappy picture taking ability as well. In hand the mane has more variation. But I feel could use some work. My intention with this guy is to work on pushing the highlights and shadow. Cause I suck at it. :-) so please keep the feedback coming!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Based on the image I think the hair (mane) needs more highlights (limited point highlights).  Currently it is a very even tone overall,  The face is fine as you can easily detect the high and low points there.    As Slendertroll indicated.. some deeper shadows would not hurt either.  

don't worry.. the forum members ,as a group, tend to provide our opnions freely when you ask so be prepared to filter through them.  :poke:

• Like 2

Very good..

I had the same idea with the scars and tattoo's I used Blackened Brown mixed with Bloodstain Red looks similar.

I hope to get some painting done soon too, it's so hot these days,

Hope you get some time soon. I'm excited to see what you do with all of your busts. 

Wow, rhombus, this is looking really great. I definitely agree that scarification makes more sense than tattoos--how would tattooing fur even work? I was also thinking the mane needs some more highlights, and maybe even a bit deeper shadows between the braids. Hair tends to be reflective, so I'd suggest going all the way up to white in very small highlights. The face however is just about perfect; wouldn't change a thing there, once you do the scars.

4e8641776af88f232af660e733c6f71f.jpg

Thanks, I completely agree with you on the hair. I need to leave it for now though cause it was starting to annoy me.nill definitely go back to it

Very nice. Keep it up.

Thanks, I sure will!

Robin, idk if your monitor or not but maybe a black and white pic would help. i need to go back over the body fur in spots to up the highlighting. The face I'm pretty pleased with over all, I can always go back over it if need be. Some of it is my crappy picture taking ability as well. In hand the mane has more variation. But I feel could use some work. My intention with this guy is to work on pushing the highlights and shadow. Cause I suck at it. :-) so please keep the feedback coming!attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Based on the image I think the hair (mane) needs more highlights (limited point highlights).  Currently it is a very even tone overall,  The face is fine as you can easily detect the high and low points there.    As Slendertroll indicated.. some deeper shadows would not hurt either.  

don't worry.. the forum members ,as a group, tend to provide our opnions freely when you ask so be prepared to filter through them.  :poke:

I completely agree with your assessment. Time to move on for a bit though.

I always love how open and helpful forumites are. Bring it. :-)

• Like 2

Worked on base coating the leather with dark skin shadow, figured it'd serve as a nice shadow color for the braiding as well. used a glaze of it to bring back some shadows in the body fur. I'll work on the bodies mid tone and highlighting next. Colors used so far: dark skin shadow, dark skin, burgundy wine, ginger cookie, burning orange, golden brown, fireball orange and white. Thanks for looking, offers of advice appreciated. :-)

post-13108-0-00513900-1436146531_thumb.jpgpost-13108-0-45364600-1436146603_thumb.jpgpost-13108-0-12977500-1436146652_thumb.jpgpost-13108-0-63646600-1436146691_thumb.jpg

Edited by tiniest rhombus
  • Like 10